Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring time is around the corner - Last Man Standing Time!

+3
F4H Diablo
Midnite Rider
glrdopehat420
7 posters

Go down

Spring time is around the corner - Last Man Standing Time! Empty Spring time is around the corner - Last Man Standing Time!

Post  glrdopehat420 Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:29 pm

For those who love to just get online and have fun, please respond. I am looking to start a Last Man Standing series this coming April, day of the week is undecided, but Sunday looks like a really good day. We will see on that, but I don't want to kick something off if there is not much of a call for it. Let me know if you are interest, if we can get about 24 or so sign-ups it would be worth while to run. There will be no change in rules, anything goes. If the guy in last place crashes into you as you are trying to pass in the fast car, by all means he is open game. But keep in mind, if you are doing it without reason would you want the same done to you? The slow car would either be the Alfa Romeo GTA or the Lotus Elan. Fast cars are open to any class. We would probably run 6 or 7 weeks on a mix of 7 different tracks each week for 10-15 laps depending on length, obviously less for tracks like Road America and Nurburgring. Right now I am looking for other possible ideas you would like to see, people to help me test tracks and cars (for possible change of slow car, want to see if there is any other car out there that would be fun to run too), and people's interest level. Keep in mind, Last Man Standing provides you with a thrill and laughter level unlike any other event/game you play on Forza 3. In the past, we have seen cars just go flying into the air higher than the buildings on New York! I have yet to play Last Man Standing and not enjoy myself. I really hope we can make this no holds barred event happen. The floor is now yours. sunny

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Spring time is around the corner - Last Man Standing Time! Empty Re: Spring time is around the corner - Last Man Standing Time!

Post  Midnite Rider Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:10 pm

Boy oh boy! My Bugatti is dying to hit the tracks again and eat some cars. You know I am definitely in Big Time!! LMFAO
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Spring time is around the corner - Last Man Standing Time! Empty Re: Spring time is around the corner - Last Man Standing Time!

Post  glrdopehat420 Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:50 pm

LMAO, yea I expected as much, but wow bold faces and large letters, you are truly amped! Laughing lol!

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:15 pm

I even used color!! Are we doing it yet! LMAO
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Diablo Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Sunday at 8 or 9? It may be late but thats when I'm available. I've wanted to do this for a while, can't wait.

F4H Diablo
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  AAR ABEnstein Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:26 pm

Is this crash-into-each-other or elimination last man standing?

Tell me how the game works?
AAR ABEnstein
AAR ABEnstein
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Asteroid Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:40 pm

I'm in for this !.
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid
Admin
Admin

http://glr360.freeforums.org/portal.php

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:22 pm

@ AB Enstein - The this series will run where everyone starts off driving the slow car. Once the first race completes everyone will be placed back into the lobby. The loser of the first race will then jump into any car of his choosing (DLC is exceptable). The next race will proceed, and the purpose of the fast car is to drive around the track smashing into the guy in first until someone crosses the finish line. Once someone has crossed the finish line the fast car doesn't have to finish, he can still crash into the other slower cars until the final slow car crosses the finish line. And the loser of each race will jump into a faster car, until there are just two slow car, and the winner of the final race wins their respective lobby.

Here's some update to rules that I am thinking of implementing.

- Points based series.
- No driving into pits, unless you are driving a fast car.
- If one or more fast cars have someone pinned against the wall, they can hold them there until the slower car is past or to a count of 7, no longer.
- If a lag out happens before the end of lap 3, there will be only 2 possible restarts. Also, if you find a glitch spot on that track that will not release your car, and it's before the end of the 3rd lap there will be a restart.

@ Asteroid - I would say 7:30 pm - 8:00 pm CST. Probably 8. I don't know if there is another day that is open, but if there is and it doesn't interfere with another series I am open to switching the day of the week. The time of day is pretty basic, since you have to provide time to PST people who are looking at 6 pm if we start at 8 pm CST. Like Lothar and I have always said for the GMT racers, if you want a GMT time set up then one of you guys will need to step up and mediate the race each week. I would request to have at least one full lobby.

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Let me change my last statement to - It will have to be one full lobby at least, because it wouldn't be fair to those that do end up in a full lobby and then the GMT lobby barely has anyone in it to fight against faster cars.

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Asteroid Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Thanks dope, Sounds good to me !. cheers cheers
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid
Admin
Admin

http://glr360.freeforums.org/portal.php

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:59 am

I think this might work better on Monday nights, that way you can start your week off right, and take all the Monday beginning of the week frustration out in this event. Twisted Evil

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  OneFastRedneck Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:10 pm

I am in on this too. The only thing that may intefere on Mondays is the EZT Series(StockHatch) usually falls on Monday nights.
OneFastRedneck
OneFastRedneck
Admin
Admin

http://www.GreenLeafRacing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:19 am

Dang it, I am going to have to check the other events that are currently taking place, and see when they complete and such. Mad So the day of the week is still tenative. But I still want to kick this off either late April or early May. Keeping it as a springtime event, and the Cat And Mouse a Fall time event.

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:34 am

Well the Stockhatch ends on March 21st. I looked through all the events, and didn't see anything for Thursday. Is there any event on Thursday incase something comes up on Monday after the Stockhatch? But then again we could always get the Event Threads posted before someone nabs the Monday night slot once the Stockhatch completes. Twisted Evil But it really doesn't matter to me. From what I've seen for events it's either Monday, Thursday, or Sunday. Just let me know. I am going to try and do some testing with different slow cars tomorrow (Thursday) and possibly Sunday evenings if anyone is up for joining me just let me know. But I really like the Alfa Romeo GTA. That car is not too fast, but not too slow (just right), and it has exceptional handling. Plus, to put the icing on the cake it has a small Cloverleaf on the side. Very Happy Still going to test though, cuz ya never know if we might find another diamond in the rough. bounce

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:18 am

EZT will probably run another Stockhatch series by then I would think. I will ask Neo so we can be sure and Thursday night could be bad if the new site that Hellbringer and Chilled are working on since the spec series was traditionally on Thursdays. I think your one good option is Tuesday night.

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Neo 45 Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:56 am

Once the StockHatch Series is complete on TORA, we will be moving to C & H's new site. I already announced this to the powers that be at TORA and sent an XBL message to 'Bringer.

I would not foresee the second stockhatch series of 2011 starting until sometime in late-April, early-May with my move to Indianapolis, IN later this month.
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45
Pro
Pro

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:29 pm

It will probably a 6 or 7 week event as previously stated, and I wasn't sure how many of this series you guys run in a year, so just to be safe I will set it up to kick off on Thursdays. I really don't want to disrupt the Stockhatch series. If we find that the new site for Chilled and Bringer brings along a Spec race then we can always swap it over to Sunday some time or just hold off until June for another day to be open. I mean I am truly up for suggestions, and want to get a good turn out to make for some good replays and have a blast with everyone, so you guys let me know what you would like me to do. I personally would like to do Sunday, but I know a couple of people that it doesn't work out for, and would like to see them get involved too, so if waiting is what we have to do to get everyone involved, then waiting is what will happen. Very Happy

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:41 pm

Dope just so you know, I personally can never do Sunday or Thursday.

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:50 am

Running some different slow cars on different tracks tonight around 530 pm CST to see if there might another car we want to run for this series. If anyone wants to join me drop me a message on XBL and be around at that time. Cool

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:42 am

No...you gotta run the Lotus Elan. LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Yea I am just going to run the Lotus, keep it original. Cool

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:35 pm

*Update*

This is going to be running on Monday night's. I'm still uncertain on whether running it for 6 or 7 weeks. Each lobby is going to be running a total of 7 races a night. So let me know thoughts on this.

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down