Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 6 - Laguna Seca

+7
EZT Stephane
ART Martin
EZT o solleft
ccarte2677
GLR Red Dragon
GLR Viper58
OneFastRedneck
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Race 6 - Laguna Seca - Page 2 Empty Re: Race 6 - Laguna Seca

Post  Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Lobby 1 was a disaster for me and Wingnut. Got taken out on turn 1 of the first lap. pitted at the wrong time, Played catch up the whole race and then made some driving errors running into Rodrigo in the corkscrew costing us both abot 8 seconds.. other than that is was not fun.

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:23 pm

GLR Lothar wrote:Wow is all I can muster about the race we had in lobby 2! All of our total race times suffered for it but it was was the most fun, edge of my seat racing I have had in a long time and it lasted through lap 14. If you would like to see it I have posted it on my storefront. If you aren't on my friends list search: FOCUS CUP L2 R6

We had a similar experience... lots of accordion action. Despite that I didn't like this car on this track, I guess the equal discomfort level left for some close racing. Onabreak, Sponge, Interloper and myself were all within a few feet once all the pits were completed. Dopehat was definitely dialed in and since I pitted later all I could do is watch as he reeled me in. Got more an more nervous and went too deep in 11 and lost about 3 seconds of lead on about lap 20 and it was all over but the fat lady singin'.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

http://www.greenleafracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Stephane Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:04 pm

GLR Viper58 wrote:
EZT Stephane wrote:what a horrible race 4 me ,i have just recived my fanatec wheel & cs pedal !!!!!could not break properly , back to the garage for some tuning and set up What a Face

Yes Stephane... I have been there and struggled with the problem for a year watching my performance relative to other drivers sink lower and lower.

The Equipment is solid and has a general good feel but Braking is a disaster. I simply have been unable to hit my marks. In other threads I had commented that I recently figured out some things and its all about braking. First - TURN OFF ABS for every car and every race. Never turn it back on. Get used to how it feels and you will be faster. Second - Turn the sensitivity up on the pedals (the small knob on the pedals clockwise - less important but helps). (I also tried adjusting the pedal throw last year but that only made it worse so I wouldn't bother). Third - then play with the brake pressure settings in a car setup to figure out where you are comfortable. With those changes you will note MUCH less pressure is required to stop the car. It takes some getting used to and you will occasionally lock em up if you are careful but it will be worth it getting used to no ABS. I am finally getting back to near where I used to be relative to other drivers. I still am not as consistent with braking but definitely improving. Now rather than feeling like I had to push the pedal through the floor to stop, it take just light brief pressure and it is much quicker and easier to hit your braking marks. Hopefully that will shorten your adaptation to the wheel set... I hate to think others have to put up with the frustration I have felt over the past year trying to figure out this expensive accessory. Good luck and let me know if you have other questions.
Thanks for the info, made some change for the throw of the brake ,its so so for me... i never use the abs except yesterday for the race and it was horrible Evil or Very Mad
EZT Stephane
EZT Stephane
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:16 am

Incident involving CcarterIII and GLR Shooter. CcarterIII hit demayoca which caused him to slide in front of Shooter.
No way Shooter could avoid him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:20 pm

GLR Nelly wrote:Incident involving CcarterIII and GLR Shooter. CcarterIII hit demayoca which caused him to slide in front of Shooter.
No way Shooter could avoid him.

Nelly, calm down please. The RO's have discussed it and nothing is gonna happen. It was only brought up because I would have stopped and Shooter didn't. Since I was the lobby host and I knew I would have stopped, I felt it was necessary to have the other RO's look it over and get their opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2