Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FMC StockHatch Series 1 - Q and A

+4
GLR Asteroid
oohhbehave
EZT PDILLY77
EZT Neo 45
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FMC StockHatch Series 1 - Q and A - Page 2 Empty Re: FMC StockHatch Series 1 - Q and A

Post  marciojesus Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:33 pm

i am only confuse because we use to get five laps of qualifying and the host use to take a picture of the times i didn t use to have a lap to slow down but if the hoost want just put an extra lap because 4 laps for qualifiyng and one is to get certified is hard for a race that has 34 laps just wanted to talk about it four you guys figure out sorry for my inglish

marciojesus
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

FMC StockHatch Series 1 - Q and A - Page 2 Empty Re: FMC StockHatch Series 1 - Q and A

Post  PRT Kimaira51 Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:06 am

If it says 5 qualifying laps in the rules, next time i will go for the 5 laps, that's what the rules says, now if some of you guys wan't one more to take the times fine with me, but 5 qualifying laps is what the rules says... not 4.

PRT Kimaira51

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Neo 45 Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:03 am

Rules and Regulations wrote:QUALIFYING

Please be online and ready to race at 19:00 CST / 01:00 GMT (UK) / 09:00 West OZ (Tues). All drivers will get an invite from their room host. If you do not receive an invite by 19:10 CST / 01:10 GMT (UK) / 09:10 West OZ (Tues), please inform the Series Organizer or Support Staff.

Qualifying will take place at 19:20 CST / 01:20 GMT (UK) / 09:20 West OZ (Tues), (1) and you will have five laps to set your best certified lap. Please space out on the opening lap to give each other room so you can all have clear, unimpeded qualifying laps. Any drivers that lagout or leave the session, will have their best time used as displayed by the results screen as long as they have completed one (1) fast lap. If the driver leaves without completing a fast lap, a restart must take place. No driver is to drive backwards around the track.

If you are late on arrival for qualifying, you may still get to qualify with a reduced three laps upon Series Organizers’ discretion. If it holds up Race Night proceedings however, you will not be able to qualify and will be placed at the back of the grid.

CERTIFICATION
(2) Each driver must have a certified lap achieved on their first lap. A slow cautionary lap must be carried out by every driver, staying on the track and away from the grass, curbs and walls. If your lap becomes uncertified, you will have to sacrifice another lap to achieve this very simple task, so go slow and be careful. All uncertified times will be placed behind certified times in order of fastest to slowest.

Okay, I surely hope this takes care of this issue. Why it has become one is beyond my understanding.

There are five laps for qualifying as indicated by (1). Now, taking into account the fact that a certified lap should be acheived on the first lap (2), those five laps have been reduced to four (four fast or flying) laps. I know as a host of other series' qualifying lobbies, it can be difficult to get all the times down in time unless there is a means to do it quickly such as a camera. So, what some hosts have done is to increase the number of laps from five to six. This changes nothing. Simply stop after crossing the finish line completing Lap 5. All this does is to allow the host to accurately record the times. It's done in the Stock Car series without a problem. I'm baffled why it cannot be done here. Am I missing something?

There are four flying laps after the first lap, regardless if there's a sixth lap or not. Period.

EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45
Pro
Pro

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  PRT Kimaira51 Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:37 am

Thank you Neo, i think this should be communicated to all host, I will forget this episode and hope we all can have a great race next week.

PRT Kimaira51

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2