Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FMC StockHatch Series 1 - General Chat

+10
Exiled
uncabunca
EZT PDILLY77
EZT XessIVlife
EZT AXE
TomCat7
F4H Bullet
F4H Diablo
F4H FACEPALMER
EZT Neo 45
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

FMC StockHatch Series 1 - General Chat - Page 3 Empty Re: FMC StockHatch Series 1 - General Chat

Post  EZT XessIVlife Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:18 pm

Exiled wrote:Eh there in the team standings, I only care about privateer championship.

well good for you
EZT XessIVlife
EZT XessIVlife
Pro
Pro

http://www.eztmotorsport.net

Back to top Go down

FMC StockHatch Series 1 - General Chat - Page 3 Empty Re: FMC StockHatch Series 1 - General Chat

Post  Exiled Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:19 pm

EZT XessIVlife wrote:
Exiled wrote:Eh there in the team standings, I only care about privateer championship.

well good for you
It's not smart to back talk the guy who tunes your cars.
Exiled
Exiled
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Neo 45 Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:39 am

Points and standings are updated through Race 5 and are now posted.
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45
Pro
Pro

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

FMC StockHatch Series 1 - General Chat - Page 3 Empty What's the secret?

Post  oohhbehave Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:07 pm

So....What's the secret to getting my pace up?

I've been consistently running 1.5-2.5 seconds behind the lobby 1 guys. What are you guys doing that I'm not? I'm sure it has to be driving technique. Can you guys shed some light on how I can pick up some more time? I try to push it harder but just end up pushing the car too hard as oppose to going faster. Any comments or suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Lewingbao

oohhbehave
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Are you running STM, Or TCS, if you are that will affect your performance, with these cars you should not be running traction control or stability management. If you have those off, don't feel bad, not all of us can be in Lobby 1 anyway! LOL Stick to beating us slower guys!! Wink
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT XessIVlife Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Also good tips are you have to be smooth and have less wheel spin as humanly possible. The car build from the beginning was essential. And unfortunately this series turned out to be stock Honda instead of stockhatch. I picked the vw just to be different. It's still a great series regardless of that issue.
EZT XessIVlife
EZT XessIVlife
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  oohhbehave Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:37 pm

I could, but I really want to learn what makes them faster than us slow poke lobby 3 guys Very Happy It can't just be car setup. I think their driving technique is just on a different level than ours and I'd like to progress to that next level. I'm just lost as to how to get there.

If you lobby 1 guys can pass on some knowledge, we all can have more close battles in the races. I think it'll help our community as a whole and make the races a lot more competitive and exciting. cheers cheers

-Lewingbao

oohhbehave
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  oohhbehave Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:38 pm

EZT XessIVlife wrote:Also good tips are you have to be smooth and have less wheel spin as humanly possible. .

Can you elaborate a little more on that?

oohhbehave
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  oohhbehave Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Midnite Rider wrote:Are you running STM, Or TCS, if you are that will affect your performance, with these cars you should not be running traction control or stability management. If you have those off, don't feel bad, not all of us can be in Lobby 1 anyway! LOL Stick to beating us slower guys!! Wink

No I always run without Assist. I don't think you can improve as a driver running with assist.

oohhbehave
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT XessIVlife Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:53 pm

I have noticed myself that I turned off split times and no driveline, less stuff to pay attention to the more you can focus on racing . I mean by being more smooth around corners and try to keep the same line to stay consistent . With these fwd cars less wheel spin is crucial. Set up your turns earlier. Good throttle input most fwd cars require to stay on the throttle throughout turns to have the grip needed. Hope this helps a little.
EZT XessIVlife
EZT XessIVlife
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Asteroid Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:27 pm

I feel your pain Lewinbao. The art to driving fast is consistancy. If you watch a replay of the fast fellas, they never make a mistake. They drive the same line, brake at the same spot and turn in at the corners at the same spot... in every lap. This is what is meant by smooth driving. If they do make a mistake, that is what costs them the race. The cars just flow around the track in a smooth and consistant manner.

I am not there yet either. I can get a couple of good laps under my belt, and then lose it for the next couple. In the last race, Silverstone, my fastest lap was only hundreths of a second behind EZT Axe who won the race quite easily. I was 5th. So you see, I wasn't consistant with my laps.

It takes alot of practice and dedication to be able to run a 25 lap race and have each lap only tenths of a second apart. That means NO ERRORS on any lap.
I am not there yet, as I said. Embarassed Embarassed

Keep at it M8.
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid
Admin
Admin

http://glr360.freeforums.org/portal.php

Back to top Go down

Post  oohhbehave Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Oh i totally agree with consistent driving. In order to be fast, you have to be consistent first. I try to drive consistently as possible first and foremost. I pick my brake marks and turn in points on every track during practice to help me drive consistently. But again, the fast guys are running seconds faster than us slower guys every lap. Where are they finding the extra time that we (slow guys) can't? What do they know that we don't? scratch scratch

oohhbehave
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:18 pm

GLR Asteroid wrote:I am not there yet either. I can get a couple of good laps under my belt, and then lose it for the next couple.

@Asteroid
Boy do I hear you there Asteroid! You have raced with me enough to know that is my issue as well.

@Lewingbao
The good news is practice and things will eventually improve, especially when we continue to race with these fast guys. I by no means am all that fast but if I turn good laps, I can keep up with them, and I have definitely improved beyond what I was able to run since I've joined GLR and started running all the series I could squeeze in here at the FMC.

Last edited by Midnite Rider on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  oohhbehave Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:29 pm

EZT XessIVlife wrote: With these fwd cars less wheel spin is crucial. Set up your turns earlier. Good throttle input most fwd cars require to stay on the throttle throughout turns to have the grip needed. Hope this helps a little.

Well when you're on the gas in the middle of a turn, the wheels are going to spin, correct? Then it'll change your line and send your wider as you give it more throttle. I use the throttle in the turn to adjust my line.

So going into a turn, after I'm done with my braking, I should be back on the gas slightly to help the front hook up as I start the turn and adding more throttle once i pass the apex and exit?

oohhbehave
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Asteroid Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Yes, gentle throttle around the turn, then when you have straightend out, down with the throttle to speed out of the exit of the turn. If you throttle down too hard while the car is not straight, that will cause wheel spin and take you off line.

That is what I am doing, anyway.
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid
Admin
Admin

http://glr360.freeforums.org/portal.php

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Neo 45 Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:51 pm

GLR Asteroid wrote:
Yes, gentle throttle around the turn, then when you have straightend out, down with the throttle to speed out of the exit of the turn. If you throttle down too hard while the car is not straight, that will cause wheel spin and take you off line.

That is what I am doing, anyway.

I find myself doing that quite often, too!Embarassed Crying or Very sad
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  oohhbehave Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:26 pm

Interesting....I will try that today and see how it goes. My steps for corner has always been...

1. Brake and set entrance speed
2. Coast to apex
3. ease throttle on from apex all the way to exit

I never thought about using slight throttle in the middle of a turn due to it causing the car to run wider than I want. I always only throttled on the exit, not the entrance or in the middle of a turn. Of course this doesn't encompass long sweepers or double apex turns, but that's a whole another subject all together.... Very Happy

edit.
If you can feed the throttle before the apex, doesn't it mean you could have entered the turn faster?

Thanks for the tip, I shall try it out.

oohhbehave
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Bullet Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Here is the key for me. You need to be able to keep the momentum through the corners.

F4H Bullet
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  oohhbehave Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Okay... so I tried the slight throttle thing and it just didn't work for me. Kept sending me wide. Now what I did start to do was use more steering input, which in turn forced me to drive using slip angle. It seemed to help me hit all my apexes and got me running low 1:03 on mugello more consistently. Any other tips guys?

oohhbehave
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Exiled Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:27 pm

oohhbehave wrote:Okay... so I tried the slight throttle thing and it just didn't work for me. Kept sending me wide. Now what I did start to do was use more steering input, which in turn forced me to drive using slip angle. It seemed to help me hit all my apexes and got me running low 1:03 on mugello more consistently. Any other tips guys?
Hit me up on xbl. Im not the fastest guy, but i know enough to help you become faster. my gamertag is XFS Xiled
Exiled
Exiled
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  oohhbehave Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:17 am

You got it Exile. I'll send the friend request tomorrow. Thanks in advance Very Happy

oohhbehave
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

FMC StockHatch Series 1 - General Chat - Page 3 Empty gamer tag change

Post  Exiled Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Neo i have left XFS and my tag is now back to my original Exiled666. Could you update that in standings when you get a chance?
Exiled
Exiled
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Diablo Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:14 pm

Well, PDilly kind of razzed me a little bit the other day about racing Stockhatch, and I have missed since it began.

But, I'm out of my summer college program next week, and free to race the next two races! so, Neo or Dilly, if you could invite me to Qualy lobby, its on Twisted Evil

F4H Diablo
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Neo 45 Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:32 pm

EZT Neo 45 wrote:Points and standings are updated through Race 6 and are now posted.
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3