Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 3 - Nurburgring GP Short

+10
Midnite Rider
GLR Asteroid
F4H MOPAR001
F4H Diablo
VVV Worm
ccarte2677
EZT XessIVlife
DRUNKEN G RIDER
DMS Roll AFat 1
MONK3Y 3D
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Race 3 - Nurburgring GP Short - Page 2 Empty Re: Race 3 - Nurburgring GP Short

Post  OneFastRedneck Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Nice job Shooter!
OneFastRedneck
OneFastRedneck
Admin
Admin

http://www.GreenLeafRacing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:05 am

Great racing in lobby 3 tonight, i ran a strong race, pitted lap 4 and then just hauled ass, made some positions back then there was an incident with the top 3 runners at that time so i caught up and stayed within 1700-ish behind mikem, then he made some mistakes later on and the gap dropped to less than 1000+ by then i was close enough to pass him as he pitted and pulled a safe distance before he got out and i just stayed there, was a real fun race.

My first race victory in about 2 months aswell, plus i had a bonus factor of lapping a car, nearly two but i didnt have enough time by the finnish to lap the next victim.

Great racing with you all in Lobby 3, i really enjoyed running with you all,

Feel sorry for Viper as his Wheel died and he fell from 2nd to last, he managed to catch back up with DMS and pass him, but its still a huge shame that the wheel died and then messed up with sync.

@Redneck, Thank you, i have sent you a new paint design for the clio aswell, hope you like it, it has got my name and number on it so you will have to change accordingly !

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:16 am

About one of my frustrating races ever. I had a good feeling for this car and love the track. I was running pretty consistent low 20's in practice. Second lap was in behind Shooter and unfortunately mike got into the back of me so the two of us fell well back. We scrambled our way back to the other drivers. Pitted early just as I caught them and then was running well expecting to finish behind Shooter and mikem. Suddenly on the back stretch my wheel lost connectivity to the Xbox and I had to shut the wheel off and reconnect. By that point I had drifted all the way through the Gobi desert into the tire wall. Before this I was 1500 ft behind Shooter and virtually close to mikem (who hadn't yet pitted). When I got back on track I was 8000 behind Shooter and in last place. To make things even worse, something got desynced with my pedals so the clutch wasn't timed correctly. For the last half of the race I would run .3 to .4 green's through the second check point (which should have been putting me on pace for 20.2's or there about) but then loose a second and half from there to the finish line on every lap. On the two long straights (back and front) I would shift, the gears would click and the clutch would stay stuck open while I bounced the rev limiter for about a second or two each time I went from 4th to 5th loosing all kinds of time. Probably my best chance for a decent finish all gone to hell. Freaking frustrating...
GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

http://www.greenleafracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:32 am

Man I didn't have a good one either. The race took all 3 restarts, and before the race I started head bobbing. So I got up walked around while lobbies were being sorted. It woke me up for a while, and right around the mid-point I was running right on Crash's bumper and then it hit me like a wall I started dozing and head bobbing. It sucked! Oh well, maybe that will be my throw away race. lol!

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Asteroid Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:41 am

LOBBY 5 ??

1. Monk3y 3D 1:20:713 - 41:06:930 - FL
2. Asteroid 1:21:045 - 41:51:966
3. Shizzle 1:23:349 - 42:36:953
4. Swaley 1:23:657 - 43:25:664
5. Leadfoot 1:23:793 - 43:29:575
6. Zeight 1:21:663 - 43:35:589

Great fun and a splendid drive by Monk3y. We had 1 restart, but then it was all plain sailing. Monk3y left us all and at one time was about 9k feet in front of me running second. My drive was solid and a PB of 21:045, so that was great. Lapped Lead and Zeight and followed Swaley over the finish line, sorry chaps, but it was a fun lobby. cheers cheers

Great run in Lobby 1 Diablo !.

Next up.....Porsche at Atlanta....NICE !!!!!

Welcome Monk3y, Shizzle and swaley. ( My first race with these gezzers ! ).
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid
Admin
Admin

http://glr360.freeforums.org/portal.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Lobby 2 Results:

Race 3 - Nurburgring GP Short - Page 2 2hfnltw

Stout left on lap 3 after hitting the tire barrier in the chicane.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Overal Results are posted in the first post.

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H MOPAR001 Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:53 pm

A little disappointing race for myself this time. Coming out of turn 2 on the first lap I got caught in the middle of a domino wreck. Ringmaster caught the inside rumble strip causing his car to slide on the exit. Exiled was right behind him and had to get on the brakes to avoid Ring. With me right behind Exiled I didn't react quick enough and tapped Exiled causing me to get sideways and for good measure Diablo, who was behind me, couldn't get out of the way so I got tapped into the grass. lol. So yeah, 1600 ft behind after turn 2 is not the way to start the race. So after muting my mic and saying a few select words I just put my head down and hot lapped for the next 29 laps. Overall a good race with a bad start.

F4H MOPAR001
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  DMS Roll AFat 1 Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:19 am

GLR Shooter 977 wrote: there was an incident with the top 3 runners at that time.

yeah this was me

was having a good race up until lap 6, lost concentration for a split second, had to perform an emergency overtake on the inside misjudged the corner locked up wheels and skidded into Boss Hamster (sorry Boss mate) so had to pull over to let him go past this put me back 30 seconds or so, only really had trouble with the 2nd turn other than that good race

would of done a 1:19 but someone drafted me and just clipped the corner to much Sad

Photos to follow soon

DMS Roll AFat 1
DMS Roll AFat 1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Exiled Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:07 pm

very aggravating race for me... Started a new job and haven't got the hours down yet, so i slept from 430 till 20min before the race. Then when the race starts i find out very quickly the ADVANTAGE of having TCS ON. Truly frustrating! but life and this series will go on and i will survive. See everyone next race. Atlanta will be better for the no assist racers. Twisted Evil
Exiled
Exiled
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Asteroid Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:18 pm

OOOOH exiled !!. Feel for you mate. TCS.....a definite for me in these R2 cars.
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid
Admin
Admin

http://glr360.freeforums.org/portal.php

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Diablo Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Recently I've tried eliminate using assists, but for the R2's, I run it to be safe. I tried w/o for the MB and oh dear Lord, that was a mess Razz

F4H Diablo
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:48 pm

GLR Diablo wrote:Recently I've tried eliminate using assists, but for the R2's, I run it to be safe. I tried w/o for the MB and oh dear Lord, that was a mess Razz

Wingnut has benn doing an amazing job running this series with TC off. In practice he was running high 1:19s in this car.

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Diablo Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:24 pm

I commend Wingnut for doing that well. I ran w/o TCS for the XKR Cup except for Motegi, and I was doing fine. I just don't have the patience for some of the higher powered R2 cars to learn how much throttle to give without spinning. There are times when TCS slows me down but I'd rather lose a few tenths then spin out and lost about ten. I also don't have the practice time to learn the car either.

I must say I love the 911 GT1 for this coming week cheers

F4H Diablo
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Exiled Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:20 pm

Yea i run no assist at ALL! So tight bumpy tracks are really tough unless you use tcs. Which apparently everyone in lobby 1 did but me.... but atlanta will be a good race for the non assist racers..
Exiled
Exiled
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2