Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Points Standings

+16
BOOST
Hamster
GLR r1ngm4ster
GLR Asteroid
TPR b0x
GLR mar B ond
stonyer
F4H Bullet
whodoneit
GLR CRASH
F4H Diablo
F4H MOPAR001
Midnite Rider
GLR Gashi
EZT Neo 45
OneFastRedneck
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Points Standings - Page 2 Empty Re: Points Standings

Post  Midnite Rider Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:23 pm

*Point standings updated for Race 2* cheers
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Dude, something is seriously wrong with the points. I did not have 115 points for race 1. I think something may have happened when you sorted them. Also, there are people who raced in round 1 who have no points now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:39 pm

GLR Lothar wrote:Dude, something is seriously wrong with the points. I did not have 115 points for race 1. I think something may have happened when you sorted them. Also, there are people who raced in round 1 who have no points now.
Opps Embarassed Will fix it right away, LMAO.

Hmm, just a minor glitch in my programming, all fixed now. Should look better to you now Lothar.
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:30 pm

Midnite Rider wrote:
GLR Lothar wrote:Dude, something is seriously wrong with the points. I did not have 115 points for race 1. I think something may have happened when you sorted them. Also, there are people who raced in round 1 who have no points now.
Opps Embarassed Will fix it right away, LMAO.

Hmm, just a minor glitch in my programming, all fixed now. Should look better to you now Lothar.

No, I didn't earn 115 points last week and just off the top of my head, ringmaster and crash ran last week but have no points.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:48 pm

Ok..the images for the spreadsheet have changed now and the points look correct. Just so you know, I think Redneck is going to set lobbies according to average points per race competed in. So you may have to add a column to your spreadsheet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Here you go.....

Points Standings - Page 2 Race3lobbies-1

Last edited by Midnite Rider on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:31 pm

Looks great!

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Diablo Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Just my OCD side of me coming out, but, would it be better to sort the listing by series points rather than average?

F4H Diablo
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Bullet Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Just curious, what was the new rule change? Was it that fastest lap no longer gets you the 3 bonus points, and a win in your lobby is the only way to get bonus points?

F4H Bullet
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:13 am

GLR Diablo wrote:Just my OCD side of me coming out, but, would it be better to sort the listing by series points rather than average?
If you look at the first post, it is listed in series point total order, this was just so Redneck could get the next race lobbies easier. The points listing at the top will always be shown in series points order. That is why the numbers are missing from the far left of the picture. Wink
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:17 am

AAR Hybrid wrote:Just curious, what was the new rule change? Was it that fastest lap no longer gets you the 3 bonus points, and a win in your lobby is the only way to get bonus points?

The rule changes are as follows, bonus points are no longer awarded for the first race in the series.

Bonus points are still awarded for both Lobby win and Fast Lap in a lobby, however the points have been adjusted to now be worth 1 point each instead of 3 points each.

That is the whole of the rule changes for the series, hope this clears things up! sunny
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OneFastRedneck Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:55 pm

AAR Hybrid wrote:Just curious, what was the new rule change? Was it that fastest lap no longer gets you the 3 bonus points, and a win in your lobby is the only way to get bonus points?
We recieved some complaints after Mopar Challenge Round 1, and then some more complaints after Focus Cup round 1, and we had to make a change. Basically we had at least 1 highly skilled driver intentionally lowering their skill rank...in order to start in a lower skill ranked lobby...to try and get an advantage. It is a shame that someone would manipulate our system, but they did. Unfortunately for them, it would only work in Round 1. In order to take some of that advantage away, we took away the bonus points for rounds 1 in both series, and lowered the bonus points from 3 to 1. We strive to run a fair series, and we want a close series. We hope these changes will help make for a better challenge for all involved.

Last edited by OneFastRedneck on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
OneFastRedneck
OneFastRedneck
Admin
Admin

http://www.GreenLeafRacing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stonyer Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:17 am

can i ask how you calculate the points? is it like 120 points for the win and then one point less as you go down the field? do you usually put up the overall results for each race, i.e total race time ranks?

stonyer
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:17 am

stonyer wrote:can i ask how you calculate the points? is it like 120 points for the win and then one point less as you go down the field? do you usually put up the overall results for each race, i.e total race time ranks?

It is 100 points for 1st then 99, 98, 97, etc... Then 20 bonus points for participation and 1 bonus point for a lobby win and fastest lap. Overall results are posted in the opening post of that weeks race.

Back to top Go down

Points Standings - Page 2 Empty close?

Post  GLR mar B ond Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:34 pm

if you want a closer racing challenge for all involved, drop the stupid clutch cheat!!. Working on your setups becomes much more important then like it used too. ( pulling 30 foot acceleration stripes in every gear is NOT simulated racing ). After the race the host looks at a bit of replay too check the shifting....and the world would be a much better place. Lol Cool Cool
GLR mar B ond
GLR mar B ond
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:53 pm

mar B ond wrote:if you want a closer racing challenge for all involved, drop the stupid clutch cheat!!. Working on your setups becomes much more important then like it used too. ( pulling 30 foot acceleration stripes in every gear is NOT simulated racing ). After the race the host looks at a bit of replay too check the shifting....and the world would be a much better place. Lol Cool Cool

What do you mean about a clutch cheat?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:15 pm

How can the Clutch be a cheat, its in the game as a feature for us to use it, i dont think its cheating, if it was would it be there ? it took me a month and a half to get used to it, im not going to give it up for the sake of supposed cheating, i would like to see you go ask the Formula 1 drivers or the drivers of the BTCC or the Rolex to not use their clutch as its cheating, they will tell you to bugger off ! so im sorry but i wont be turning off this "cheat".

Back to top Go down

Points Standings - Page 2 Empty clutch

Post  GLR mar B ond Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:26 pm

in a lot of peoples opinions, when something/anything in a game is not easy excesseble for everybody, that's considered a form of a "cheat". Some people drive always with right stick for acc/braking. Forza2 had 4settings, forza3 has 1. Almost impossible to use clutch. The difference between clutch/no clutch is to big. As i sayd, accelleration stripes in every gear is not simulated racing. Don't think clutch wil hold for 25laps simulated. The gaps between 1 and 35 were never 6 to 7 seconds. Don't get me wrong, i've always enjoyed these tournaments, but if ya want it closer, something maybe should change. Or forza4 will take care off it. Who knows. L8r m8
GLR mar B ond
GLR mar B ond
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Calm down Shooter... Shocked Embarassed

mar B ond, even though the way the clutch works in FM3 may be unrealistic everyone has the opportunity to use it but does take some practice in getting used to it.

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Bullet Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks for the response makes sense now. Looking forward to the next week guys. Very Happy

F4H Bullet
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  TPR b0x Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:22 pm

For me, it are 2 different things: using the rules and if I like the rules.
Even if you dont like the rules, you got to make the best out of it because it doesnt care, I didnt like too that they made clutch in forza3 but its faster so you got to learn it. At NFS HP 1on1 its even legal to slam your opponent to the wall/car or block him

Last edited by apeX b0x on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

TPR b0x
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Asteroid Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:25 pm

mar B ond, using the clutch does give you a quicker accelaerating car, but as Lothar states, it is there for everybody to use if you want to.
Like Shooter, it took me a while to master this assist and in my first few races using it.....I was lapped Embarassed Embarassed . But I perservered and now it is like second nature. So if you want to take advantage of it...practice. It is not "cheating".

Some folks use a wheel, others a controller. Is either cheating ?, no, just using what suits them best of the available assists.

By the way, there is more than 1 setting for your controller set up, if I read your post correctly.

Last edited by GLR Asteroid on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid
Admin
Admin

http://glr360.freeforums.org/portal.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TPR b0x Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Driving assists need time to learn, I needed 1 month for each.

TPR b0x
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H MOPAR001 Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:55 pm

OneFastRedneck wrote:We recieved some complaints after Mopar round 1, and then some more complaints after Focus Cup round 1, and we had to make a change. Basically we had at least 1 highly skilled driver intentionally lowering their skill rank...in order to start in a lower skill ranked lobby...to try and get an advantage. It is a shame that someone would manipulate our system, but they did. Unfortunately for them, it would only work in Round 1. In order to take some of that advantage away, we took away the bonus points for rounds 1 in both series, and lowered the bonus points from 3 to 1. We strive to run a fair series, and we want a close series. We hope these changes will help make for a better challenge for all involved.

I apologize if this comes off as rude, but I hope your not talking about me. I race all the time and my "trueskill" goes up and down with it. I've always said the true skill level in Forza is BS.

Also mar B ond, if you didn't know you can map the clutch button to the "A" button and simply press "X" and "A" at the same time to down shift and visa-versa for up shifting. Easy to get used and works great.

F4H MOPAR001
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:56 pm

AAR MOPAR001 wrote:
OneFastRedneck wrote:We recieved some complaints after Mopar round 1, and then some more complaints after Focus Cup round 1, and we had to make a change. Basically we had at least 1 highly skilled driver intentionally lowering their skill rank...in order to start in a lower skill ranked lobby...to try and get an advantage. It is a shame that someone would manipulate our system, but they did. Unfortunately for them, it would only work in Round 1. In order to take some of that advantage away, we took away the bonus points for rounds 1 in both series, and lowered the bonus points from 3 to 1. We strive to run a fair series, and we want a close series. We hope these changes will help make for a better challenge for all involved.

I apologize if this comes off as rude, but I hope your not talking about me. I race all the time and my "trueskill" goes up and down with it. I've always said the true skill level in Forza is BS.

Also mar B ond, if you didn't know you can map the clutch button to the "A" button and simply press "X" and "A" at the same time to down shift and visa-versa for up shifting. Easy to get used and works great.

He's not talking about you, he is talking about the Mopar Challenge Round 1. Not your GT...LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next