Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 2 - Catalunya National

+2
GLR Viper58
OneFastRedneck
6 posters

Go down

Race 2 - Catalunya National Empty Race 2 - Catalunya National

Post  OneFastRedneck Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Race 2 - Catalunya National 2dcd0l0
Race 2:

Date - June 18, 2011

Track - Catalunya National - 25 Laps

Car - Seat Leon Supercup

No Upgrades / No Tuning

Qualifying:

Qualifying Lobby assignments and Host Procedures can be found HERE

Qualifying will begin at PROMPLY at 9:00pm EST - so please be online and ready to go.

Qualifying will be 5 laps, laps 1-4 are flying laps and lap 5 is a cool down lap so that the host can get everyones fastest lap.

Race:

Please be patient while we are sorting qualifying times. Please remain online as this will expedite the process once everything is sorted. Once we are done you will receive an invite from your race lobby host.

Starts will be a rolling start in a staggered side by side formation, at 60 MPH, at the beginning of Lap 2.

Mandatory pit stop between laps 3 and 23.

Restarts may occur if a driver lags out on the first lap, or 3 or more drivers are involved in the same incident in the first lap. Number of restarts are limited to 3.

At the end of the race each lobby host will post the results of his lobby, along with the fastest lap.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Race 2 Qualifying Results:

Driver
Team Qual
Time
#977 GLR Shooter 977
Team Loeb 01:17.867
#820 GLR Wingnut820
Team Zanardi 01:18.991
#60 GLR Insanity

Team Loeb 01:19.025
#420 GLR1FastRedneck
Team Andretti 01:19.076
#188 Bulletdodger831
Team Hamilton 01:19.151
#51 GLRmikem
Team Petty 01:19.258
#94 cCarterIII
Team Petty 01:19.314
#795 AAR MOPAR001
Team Foyt 01:19.347
#33 JaxEquipt
Team Zanardi 01:19.838
#250 Onabreak
Team Foyt 01:19.997
#38 EZT Neo 45
Team Petty 01:20.284
#58 GLR Viper58
Team Andretti 01:20.528
#69 Midnite Rider
Team Loeb 01:20.815
#66 Boss Hamster 66
Team Foyt 01:21.478
#358 GLR Asteroid
Team Andretti 01:21.594
#712 strumlord 360
Team Hamilton 01:21.633
#260 EZT DJ
Team Senna 01:21.875
#99 GLR Puckhead
Team Schumacher 01:22.115

Race 2 Lobby Results:

Lobby 1 Results:

1. GLR Wingnut - FL - 1:18.401
2. GLR Shooter
3. BulletDodger
4. GLR Insanity
5. AAR Mopar
6. cCarter
7. GLR Redneck - Lap 13
8. GLR Mikem - Lap 13

Lobby 2 Results:

1. #250 Onabreak
2. #58 GLR Viper58 - FL - 1:19.406
3. #33 JaxEquipt
4. #66 Boss Hamster 66
5. #38 EZT Neo 45
6. #69 Midnite Rider
7. #712 strumlord 360
8. #358 GLR Asteroid

Last edited by OneFastRedneck on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 6 times in total
OneFastRedneck
OneFastRedneck
Admin
Admin

http://www.GreenLeafRacing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Race 2 - Catalunya National Empty Re: Race 2 - Catalunya National

Post  Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:14 pm

What's a good qual lap time here? I did a 19.6

Back to top Go down

Post  OneFastRedneck Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:38 pm

I hit a 18.8 last night....but it was uncertified and I cut those final corners big time! Laughing
OneFastRedneck
OneFastRedneck
Admin
Admin

http://www.GreenLeafRacing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:09 pm

I got down to mid 19's so there is more in there for you guys <g>. I think Shooter was 18.8 or so.
GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

http://www.greenleafracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post  ccarte2677 Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Hey guys. Wanted to let you know that I hate I missed last weeks race. I will be in for tonight's race. If someone gets a chance please send me a number plate so I can have it on the car. Thanks guys.

ccarte2677
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:03 pm

ccarte2677 wrote:Hey guys. Wanted to let you know that I hate I missed last weeks race. I will be in for tonight's race. If someone gets a chance please send me a number plate so I can have it on the car. Thanks guys.

The SSTC number plate can be found at GLR1FastRedneck's Storefront

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Tried qualifiying with a wheel for the first time(just got it yesterday), Looks like i should have used the controller tonight and practiced with the wheel for next week. Embarassed
The wheel is friggin fun though cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:12 pm

That sucks. Lagged out just when it was getting good. Congrats to shooter on getting the pole.

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:22 pm

GLR puckhead wrote:Tried qualifiying with a wheel for the first time(just got it yesterday), Looks like i should have used the controller tonight and practiced with the wheel for next week. Embarassed

Awesome Puck! There is a steeper learning curve than you might think but it is more fun. Did you get the Fanatec? Turn off ABS if you use it (might better and the ABS really screws up your braking with the pedals).

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:25 pm

Nice race tonight... Couldn't get Onabreak to make a big enough mistake to pass him but again fun chasing as we seemed tied together with a string. Jax had trouble with the pit wall or would have been right there with Onabreak and me.

Lobby 2 Team Total Time Fast Lap
#250 Onabreak Team Foyt 33:58.489
#58 GLR Viper58 Team Andretti
01:19.406
#33 JaxEquipt Team Zanardi

#66 Boss Hamster 66 Team Foyt

#38 EZT Neo 45 Team Petty

#69 Midnite Rider Team Loeb

#712 strumlord 360 Team Hamilton

#358 GLR Asteroid Team Andretti

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:45 pm

GLR Viper58 wrote:
GLR puckhead wrote:Tried qualifiying with a wheel for the first time(just got it yesterday), Looks like i should have used the controller tonight and practiced with the wheel for next week. Embarassed

Awesome Puck! There is a steeper learning curve than you might think but it is more fun. Did you get the Fanatec? Turn off ABS if you use it (might better and the ABS really screws up your braking with the pedals).

Yes I got the fanatec, thanks for the ABS tip, braking has been my main problem.
I allways used chace cam with the controller too so using a wheel and hood view is a totally different animal!!!
I'm hoping i get used to it fairly quickly, I have a logitec wheel that i use for GT5 and i do pretty well with it, the big difference is i don't use a clutch with it(no advantage)and i'm used to left foot braking.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:10 am

Great race tonight in lobby one, stayed out in front up untill i pitted on lap 9, then wingnut caught up and we had a nice battle untill he passed on the first corner, then it was a battle chasing him down to finish .2 off him at the end of the race, was a shame to see redneck and mike lag out, would have been fun if you guys stayed with us, i am still in utter shock at my Quali time, a second quicker than the rest of the field, i think thats a record !

Lobby 1 Race Results

1. GLR Wingnut - 33:29.343 - FL - 1:18.401
2. GLR Shooter - 33:29.512
3. BulletDodger - 33:41.353
4. GLR Insanity - 33:41.650
5. AAR Mopar - 33:41.997
6. cCarter - 33:49.208
7. GLR Redneck - Lap 13
8. GLR Mikem - Lap 13

Again great racing, hope for the same next week !

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Strumlord Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:15 am

GLR puckhead wrote:
GLR Viper58 wrote:

Yes I got the fanatec, thanks for the ABS tip, braking has been my main problem.
I allways used chace cam with the controller too so using a wheel and hood view is a totally different animal!!!
I'm hoping i get used to it fairly quickly, I have a logitec wheel that i use for GT5 and i do pretty well with it, the big difference is i don't use a clutch with it(no advantage)and i'm used to left foot braking.

Hey guys,
I'll be getting the Fanetec next week and would love to get some input on wheel settings from you guys if you care to share them. I'm wondering about the clutch thing in particular. I'm running with the Microsoft wheel right now and, like you Puck, I don't see an advantage with using the clutch over paddle shifting. If anyone who uses a wheel thinks there is, please share your thoughts. Thanks!
EZT Strumlord
EZT Strumlord
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:45 am

Strumlord wrote:
GLR puckhead wrote:
GLR Viper58 wrote:

Hey guys,
I'll be getting the Fanetec next week and would love to get some input on wheel settings from you guys if you care to share them. I'm wondering about the clutch thing in particular. I'm running with the Microsoft wheel right now and, like you Puck, I don't see an advantage with using the clutch over paddle shifting. If anyone who uses a wheel thinks there is, please share your thoughts. Thanks!

In general I decreased the throw range for the clutch (against controller you have a mechanical disadvantage in that the time and distance it takes to push a button is much less than to push a pedal or turn a wheel), its not hard to learn, and there is an advantage to the clutch. Shifting is quicker but you will be faster off the line with the clutch than without it... not a huge advantage but an advantage. I also found the braking to be the biggest adjustment. I struggled for nearly a year trying to adapt before deciding if I was going to be this slow I was going to turn off all the assists and learn to drive that way. Once I turned off ABS and fiddled with the brake pressures to increase the throw (electronically, don't mess with mechanical adjustment on the pedals as it only makes it worse) things finally got better. Now, no ABS in any car - F to R1. I turn down the force feedback because at the end of a 30 minute race I felt like my arms were being ripped off. A lot of the settings though are just getting it in the area of comfort and then getting used to that so you can give consistent inputs.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Hey guys,
I'll be gettin g the Fanetec next week and would love to get some input on wheel settings from you guys if you care to share them. I'm wondering about the clutch thing in particular. I'm running with the Microsoft wheel right now and, like you Puck, I don't see an advantage with using the clutch over paddle shifting. If anyone who uses a wheel thinks there is, please share your thoughts. Thanks!

Strumlord, I meant using the clutch is not an advantage for GT5, I do use it for Forza.

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Strumlord Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Thanks for your input guys.
EZT Strumlord
EZT Strumlord
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Bullet Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 am

Strumlord wrote:Thanks for your input guys.

How much was the Fanatec wheel and does it come with the pedals?

F4H Bullet
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:53 am

could we keep on-topic please, there is an off-topic section for chatter about this subject !

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Strumlord Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:00 am

GLR Shooter 977 wrote:could we keep on-topic please, there is an off-topic section for chatter about this subject !

Apologies Shooter.... I think I got that subject going.
EZT Strumlord
EZT Strumlord
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Bullet Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:13 pm

My apologies Shooter. Very Happy

F4H Bullet
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:45 pm

Sorry for missing this, not sure Saturday nights are going to work anymore but I will try.

F4H FACEPALMER
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down