Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GT3 Cup - General Discussion

+15
EZT Ash
eVo
F4H FACEPALMER
Hamster
GLR r1ngm4ster
oohhbehave
GLR Viper58
DMS Roll AFat 1
F4H Diablo
F4H Bullet
glrdopehat420
GLR Asteroid
Michae1 Weston
OneFastRedneck
Midnite Rider
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

GT3 Cup - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: GT3 Cup - General Discussion

Post  GLR Viper58 Thu May 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Strumlord wrote:So, can anyone offer a tune or tuning advice for the Bugatti track or an overall tune for the GT3 to the noob over here? I haven't done much tuning in the past and don't have a lot of experience with it. To be honest I've always bought tunes from the storefront when I felt like I needed them. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. BTW, I bought a couple of "GT3 Cup" tunes yesterday off the storefront and one of the tunes increased the PI points. That made me a little hesitant to use the tune for the race saturday. Can tuning increase your PI?

It is a tough car to tune for sure. It is NOT a car to begin your tuning career on Laughing I am sure I can help you out. Send me a message (GLR Viper58) to remind me. No, tuning will not increase your PI; however, store bought tunes also have upgrades incorporated which in this series is verbotten. This series is a stock build series so the base PI must be maintained. Now the lobbies will be restricted to stock builds so it won't allow you to select an upgraded car anyway. Ooops I see Ring already offered and he should take good care of you.
GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

http://www.greenleafracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Strumlord Thu May 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks for the info Viper,
I did get a tune from ring and I'm practicing with it now. I like the longer gears that he's got set up on the tune. But wow! I've got a lot of work to do. I thought I was pretty decent until I started running w/o tire upgrades. Lot of trouble keeping the car on the track now and I'm having to readjust how I negotiate all the turns now. But it's getting better bit by bit. I really like how cool and supportive everyone here is and I'm looking forward to racing saturday. Thanks to all!
EZT Strumlord
EZT Strumlord
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Fri May 06, 2011 2:50 am

In my opinion the car is a muscle car in the way you have to drive it, even though the engine being in the rear makes it a whole different type of car the fundamentals are still the same.

Braking earlier is key, and if you are getting loose you are getting back onto the gas too soon, if you are pushing it's probably too late. The rear tires will help you turn but it's very difficult to get it just right.

I've always considered most German cars to be muscle cars anyways. High horsepower, heavy weight, big bodied, very hard to slow down and steer. Razz

F4H FACEPALMER
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Strumlord Fri May 06, 2011 8:27 am

AAR FACEPALMER wrote:In my opinion the car is a muscle car in the way you have to drive it, even though the engine being in the rear makes it a whole different type of car the fundamentals are still the same.

Braking earlier is key, and if you are getting loose you are getting back onto the gas too soon, if you are pushing it's probably too late. The rear tires will help you turn but it's very difficult to get it just right.

I've always considered most German cars to be muscle cars anyways. High horsepower, heavy weight, big bodied, very hard to slow down and steer. Razz

You know..... One of the FM3 members was kind enough to send me a friend request last night. We got on the track together and he followed me to see what line I was taking so he could give me some tips to help me prepare for my first race. What became crystal clear very quick like is that I pretty much can't drive worth crap! But he showed me some of the reasons why my driving is so bad and not having upgraded tires has nothing to do with it. It's me... plain and simple. Your opinion only makes it even more clear and is appreciated. This is the main reason I looked for a league to join and I'm happy I found this one. There is much for me to learn and I couldn't have found a better place or people to learn from. This GT3 cup series is a pretty ambitious first race for me to start on and I will most likely finish last. But I'm ok with that because I'm already having a blast and I'm learning and that's what I came here for. So please everyone... keep your tips and opinions coming! It's already making me better!
EZT Strumlord
EZT Strumlord
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR BRIZZO Fri May 06, 2011 11:33 am

I guess different guys have very different driving styles. I happen to be doing the exact opposite of the way Facepalmer suggested. I find that the car tends to understeer out of the corner no matter where I brake, so I've been dive-bombing the corners pretty hard.

If anyone needs help or is just interested in what line/gear/etc. works best on Bugatti, I uploaded a replay to my storefront where I did an example qualifying run. If you want the replay, send me a friend request and you can either view it at my storefront or I can gift it to you. My gearing was set to 3.32 (I think that's stock settings) if you're trying to match gears with the replay.

GLR BRIZZO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  oohhbehave Fri May 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Stock Gearing is Final Drive set at 4.0

oohhbehave
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Michae1 Weston Sat May 07, 2011 2:17 am

Im out. I had fun guys. Good luck to all.
Michae1 Weston
Michae1 Weston
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Diablo Sun May 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Strumlord, good to see you're enjoying FMC. When I first started racing I learned so so much the first series I did, from line choice to braking methods, how to pass, when to/not to pass, etc.

And yes, this is an ambitious series to begin with, there are some really fast guys racing this. FM4, it'll be insane, hopefully everyone will be racing together once again.

F4H Diablo
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Bullet Mon May 09, 2011 2:12 am

For Laguna Seca, I uploaded my tune onto my storefront. Search lagunafm1, there are two tunes, the lagunafm1 is a tune with brake pressure set to 110%. Laguanfm2 the tune is the exact same except the brake pressure is 150%. That is the one I use, and also posted a 5 lap reply in case anyone who is new wants to try and pick some tips from it. Watch lap 4 and 5, those were my best.

F4H Bullet
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Strumlord Mon May 09, 2011 8:05 am

Thanks to Diablo and Bulletdodger.
Hey, listen guys. I posted in another thread that I missed the race this past Saturday because I botched the starting time. I work until 10:00am central time on Saturdays so I won't be able to participate in the GT3 Cup. I appreciate your tips, tunes, and any other advice that you all have offered but didn't want to waste anyone's time. So I've been practicing in the Seat Leon SC on the Sebring Cup circuit instead. Someone hinted that I should do so for an upcoming series for that car. I've also set up the 1981 BMW M1 and started running on tracks for the Spec Series 11 at the IFCA site that AAR FACEPLMER posted about. If anyone will be racing in either of these events, I'll gobble up any replays/ghosts, or any advice for them. Thanks to all, and good luck to you all in the GT3 Cup.
EZT Strumlord
EZT Strumlord
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Asteroid Mon May 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Hey thanks Dodger. I will certainly take a look at these tunes and the replay. This is my least favourite track to drive.....and in this car....too many sharp turns.

Practice...., practice...., practice !!!. The wife is going to kill me Razz Razz Razz
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid
Admin
Admin

http://glr360.freeforums.org/portal.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Exiled Mon May 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Well I'm sure there won't be any broken hearts but I will be pulling out of this series due to being to early on a sat. I enjoy sleeping and relaxing on the weekends to much. I should have known I couldn't do it. I enjoyed this platform though if only it was a little later. Thanks guys
Exiled
Exiled
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

GT3 Cup - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Dropped out

Post  EZT DJ Tue May 31, 2011 7:22 pm

Sorry guy's I have dropped out of the series, you probably new that because I haven't made the last few races, sorry about that, but this is the first time I have not completed a series, good luck to all of you.

EZT DJ
Rookie
Rookie

http://quickdantheman.spaces.live.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3