Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALMS series

+2
GLR Gashi
GLR Asteroid
6 posters

Go down

ALMS series Empty ALMS series

Post  GLR Asteroid Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:33 am

I just love the ALMS. Another epic race at Long Beach this weekend.

I know IFCA run a series of ALMS, maybe we could run something similar ???. Dose not have to be exact, but some multi car event ??.
Gashi is very talented in this area and I would help out all I can. Very Happy Very Happy
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid
Admin
Admin

http://glr360.freeforums.org/portal.php

Back to top Go down

ALMS series Empty Re: ALMS series

Post  GLR Gashi Wed May 04, 2011 12:16 am

I could set it up to run tomorrow if you guys want it. Just give me the word.

I haven't brought it up as I was trying to let the guys at the IFCA finish running it and I was also waiting to see what was going on here and with Chilled's "project".

Either way, if you guys want my input, just ask! Thanks. Wink
GLR Gashi
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Wed May 04, 2011 1:56 am

Why doesn't everybody stop acting like a bunch of fucking bitches? That would work out a lot better than creating a new series for every single type of racing out there on EVERY forum so we can all have 8 car fields every week.

You can all say what you want about the IFCA but everybody is gone there and all that is left is AAR and a few others. Right now it looks like we are the only club that still goes around to OTHER peoples races and competes. What's up with that? It's getting very tiring when everywhere you go it's the same drama and the same type of people pulling the same kind of bitch moves because they can't deal with their own problems. Whatever truly happened to split everybody up I will never know because I was in fucking JAIL so don't anybody drag me into the middle of it. All I want is things to be back they way they outta be. Considering this is a GAME over the INTERNET I'm positive whatever happened was not bad enough to hold a grudge for this long. Seriously it's getting pretty out of hand, first all the clubs split, now clubs are feuding from within. Next we will all be racing non championship events whenever we happen to have a few guys on just to remind ourselves of a time when racing on Forza was fun and felt like it was actually an event, and not just a group of 'friends' dicking around with a set of rules.

Gashi you should know better, we are starting ALMS again in about a month. Why would you try to compete with that rather than just race with us? Really did Don touch you in some way? Let me know.

Keep running your stock car series though, we love not having to do the work.

F4H FACEPALMER
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Wed May 04, 2011 12:46 pm

At least we don't ban people from our website for saying stop the shit and just race, like the IFCA did. I was banned for no reason and will never return to that site. I get all the abuse I need without the need of getting it from people I don't even know.
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi Wed May 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Face, I said that I didn't try and start up the series here because you guys were running it. That is why I haven't done anything but try and help you guys out. Every time I do try and help though, I get shut down by the IFCA. My last thread that was aimed at helping got me removed from the dev section completely and stripped of all access to the ALMS series. I even went as far as contacting Q Bert to try and get you guys the results. He is in a big bit of medical trouble with his family right now and I expect he won't be online anytime soon. Check out his wife's facebook if you don't beleive me. I really have tried to help. And yes, Don did touch me in the wrong way, figuratively anyways. See you on the track Face. I have no hard feeling towards anyone at the IFCA. That site is thiers, and they are free to do whatever they want with it. I will try and help when I can, but it is frustrating when I get shut down all the time for just simply trying to help.
GLR Gashi
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Wed May 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Midnite, like I said I had nothing to do with anything that happened. The worst 4 months of my life happened and then suddenly it's over and I have nothing to do but cope with shit and move on so I go on Forza and EVERYBODY is pissed.

affraid

So I just say fuck that and I go race with my Trans Am buddies at SRN because they have never gotten into all the Forza politics and just raced with the same awesome group of guys for years. Eventually I start to miss the rest of it and I tell AAR I want to get more involved again (I have NEVER had any sort of power there until very recently, I was just a nobody back then) and they basically inform me that there is nothing left of the IFCA but us and some individuals who don't really know what happened but stuck around, and all the clubs went and did there own thing. Nobody ever told me anything other than people hate Don for something he did involving Chilled and Hellbringer is pissed and that's important somehow, darkestdale is a big shot at IFCA, and tons of random people are pissed at other random people everywhere. Makes me wish I had gotten back to the internet sooner and tried to talk some sense into people but I guess some people tried that. There has been 0 activity at the AAR forums lately and it's rather depressing, the IFCA has terrible turnouts, as well as most other leagues. You guys put on a good set of events with decent turnouts but now you are feuding within, and not just anybody but the people in control of the forums and events themselves.

Everything is a mess everywhere. Action needs to be taken or there will be even more division to the point where we won't ever even need 16 player lobbies in Forza 4.

affraid

Gashi, I believe you are still on my xbl friend list. PM me and we can talk about trying to do something about the JGTC. I have had some ideas about the series but was holding off for a while. Also, I have taken the responsibilities of the Trans Am series over at SRN this season. I believe you have raced in that before? Let me know if you are interested in next season, it starts June 13th 9PM EST.

F4H FACEPALMER
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Wed May 04, 2011 2:22 pm

I know it has nothing to do with you, hell, it had nothing to do with me and I was banned by saying can't they quit acting like a bunch of little kids and just race.

There is no crumbling here, apparantly one admin has taken a hiatus with a bit of a verbal blow up but we are all human and shit happens that makes us react in ways we normally wouldn't at times. Things will continue here as they have since we started the FMC with the exception of one particular face which is temporarily or permanently gone, that remains to be seen. We hold no grudges here, if and when that admin decides to return to the FMC we wil be ready and waiting for his return.

In the mean time enjoy your racing here, because we feel racing should be fun!! What a Face
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Diablo Wed May 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Face, two things for you: One, I believe everyone here is appreciative that AAR participates at FMC through everything that has transpired. I have been pawing through the various series over at IFCA and all the different series are at bad times for me. It's too bad, I'd really love to do the PTCC but I can't due to my work schedule. I may sign up for the Spec Series, I love the M1 and it may work with my schedule, still waiting on that though.

2nd: Trans Am: sounds fun, sign ups/link?

Overall, I hope FM4 brings everyone back together and we can race, like the way it should be.

F4H Diablo
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Wed May 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Facepalmer,
Nothing would have delighted us more than not to have gone through what happened at IFCA. I am happy to hear you wished you had been around to talk sense into people over there at the time... but that is precisely what several of us tried to do. GLR had "infractions" galore and several members banned because we dared to express opinions that ran afoul with the administration there. I have tried to talk with Eres to clean things up and his arrogance will simply not allow that to happen. He has made it clear it is his way or the highway .. so be it. We have moved on. Unfortunately, I have several Xbox friends on AAR that I would love to race with but I will not do it at IFCA while Eres is involved. Fortunately some of you guys have come to this site and we welcome you.
The issue with Lothar is mostly hurt feelings in my view. He has been a valued contributor and suddenly has decided to leave prompted by his XBox Live account expiring. That loss puts extra stress on the Administrators as we have to pick up the slack. It is nothing more than that. Comparisons of this little dust-up to the institutional problems in policy at IFCA are way overblown. FMC moves forward and we continue to strive to put forward quality race events. We hope you and your teammates still join us from time to time when we are able to fill a need you are not currently providing at IFCA.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

http://www.greenleafracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Asteroid Wed May 04, 2011 5:07 pm

Well....WOW !!! I feel I must apologise to everybody for starting this thread.

Face, absolutely no malice or dissing anybody or any league was intended by me. I merley threw up a suggestion to the admin folks here, about a racing series. I am sorry it was taken as dissing IFCA and the ALMS that is run on that site. Nothing was farther from my mind. As I stated, I love the ALMS series and just used that as an example for suggesting a multi car series at FMC. Gashi did not suggest nor volunteer to run this or any other series at FMC, and I suggested using his skills in organizing this. it was purely me.

Glad things seem to have calmed down now, so let's just use and combine eachothers skills in organizing great series for folks to enjoy. As you know I have been on the IFCA site regarding the new ALMS series, but was/still am somewhat confused as to what is going to transpire. 2 races which appear to be endurance based ??. I am seriously considering running in the M1 series, but wanted to wait and see if FMC will be doing anything on Thursday nights.

Anyhow, see you on the track hopefully, you are always welcome at FMC.
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid
Admin
Admin

http://glr360.freeforums.org/portal.php

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Wed May 04, 2011 9:22 pm

It's no big deal, if you guys ran an ALMS series I would join it if the time was right just like I do for all the current ones, it's just sad to see two identical series when really all those people should be racing together. VxR is thinking about starting a V8 series and that would make three that I would most likely join, which is pointless, but I like racing with all the different people from each one so I will still do all of them. Right now Insanity and I race all the same series and we are up to 7 a week, with 2 more starting in the next few weeks and 1 more in a month. Most of this is due to how spread out everybody has gotten, and due to the increase in forums there is an increase in work to be done. I have offered to help at SRN because the people there are too busy at the moment, and my offer extends here to you guys. Every weekend I try to throw together results so you guys can just double check it and make it official so if that helps at all I will continue to do it.

The JGTC series could be a good start at something to bring all the people together, I might have a go at it over at Insanity's new site which is in no way a part of AAR or IFCA, none of the big shots there will ever have a say in what we do on that website and if they try to control it they will be ignored even if it means us being kicked out of their stuff, we will always have our little peaceful forum. Having a neutral ground being controlled by a few AAR guys WAY low on the totem poll might attract a decent crowd.

Diablo here is a link to the SRN forums http://www.simracingnation.com/index.php/forum/index

HUGE prizes this season for the Trans Am series for anybody else interested. cheers

F4H FACEPALMER
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi Thu May 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Unfortunately, I am currently transfering to a boat for the US Navy and don't know what days I will be able to race. It is looking like I will only be able to race during the week, but I still don't know if the internet connection where I will be staying during the week is capable of allowing me to do any online racing. I will find out next week. I love the trans am and modern trans am that SRHD has ran in the past, great series. Unfortunately, it is ran on the weekends and I won't even be at the place that has my xbox until Sunday evening, and then I have no idea how late I will be getting home. I will let people know when I get this all figured out. See you guys later, and I will always stay active on the forums, either way. Later.
GLR Gashi
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Fri May 06, 2011 2:25 am

The trans am series has always been and still is on monday nights at 9pm est.

Good luck in your adventures. You will be missed.

F4H FACEPALMER
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi Fri May 06, 2011 4:47 am

I might be able to make the Monday races. I do run stock cars at 2O4F on Mondays usually, but it is at 1930 PST. I think trans am was at 1800 if I remember correctly. I will have to see what the internet is like at my barracks room. Lame. Lol.
GLR Gashi
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Fri May 06, 2011 5:31 am

Yes 9pm EST would be 6PM PST which is 1800 PST. Trans Am races would only take about 30-40 minutes so you would have almost an hour before your other race. I'd love for you to join, haven't raced with you in quite some time.

F4H FACEPALMER
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi Sat May 07, 2011 1:43 am

Well the barracks has a shared wifi connection. I am probably going to get the box hooked up Sunday night over there so I will see what the connection looks like and have a better idea if it is even possible. I might have to break out the Stang again. Great car.
GLR Gashi
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down