Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 3 - Motegi Speedway

+9
F4H Bullet
TPR b0x
EZT Ramoza
GLR Asteroid
TomCat7
Midnite Rider
GLR Viper58
GLR Gashi
EZT XessIVlife
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Race 3 - Motegi Speedway - Page 2 Empty Re: Race 3 - Motegi Speedway

Post  GLR Viper58 Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:51 am

Iosis wrote:Well today I got on and qualified. Really did a terrible time but regardless I did not get the invite for the race tonight. I was online for a good 50 minutes after qualifying and nothing. I guess someone did not communicate right.

Iosis, I apologize for our oversight. Simply should not have happened and is fully our fault. While it is disappointing you did not get to race, you will receive points based on your qualifying. Hang in there. We are implementing some changes to try to keep this from happening again.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

http://www.greenleafracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:15 am

Congrats Redneck on the win!

If the race officials could look at my exiting the pits to see if a penalty is warrented. I didn't exit like that on purpose, but if a violation took place I need to be punished for it. Sorry to Insanity, it was not intentional, and I honestly didn't know you were there.
GLR Gashi
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:44 pm

Gashi, do you or anyone else have a replay of this race. We need video evidence to sort it out. Also while I appreciate Gashi coming forward... drivers who feel they have been subject of a foul should be comfortable in coming forward and providing video evidence so the RO's can review and make a ruling. No blood no foul... We try to keep things pretty cut and dry in stock car. We expect errors and we expect fair penalties. In the rules section there are several examples of things that aren't supposed to happen though when they do may cost a driver some points...
GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCat7 Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Viper, sorry that I got next to you in Qualifying.
You probably would have qualified higher if it wasn't for the distracting interferrance.

PDilly and I got together on lap 4 also. I feel that I would have qualified higher if there had been more separation on the track.

Maybe a longer time delay between cars on the start would help.

I'm satisfied that I got 4th in the 2nd Lobby though. 8th in the 1st Lobby would have been bonus for me.
lol!
TomCat7
TomCat7
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:36 pm

GLR Viper58 wrote:Gashi, do you or anyone else have a replay of this race. We need video evidence to sort it out. Also while I appreciate Gashi coming forward... drivers who feel they have been subject of a foul should be comfortable in coming forward and providing video evidence so the RO's can review and make a ruling. No blood no foul... We try to keep things pretty cut and dry in stock car. We expect errors and we expect fair penalties. In the rules section there are several examples of things that aren't supposed to happen though when they do may cost a driver some points...

I gave a copy of the replay to Lothar. I can send you one shortly.

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Do we have any results from room 3?
GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:01 pm

TomCat7 wrote:Viper, sorry that I got next to you in Qualifying.
You probably would have qualified higher if it wasn't for the distracting interferrance.

Nah you had nothing to do with that dreck... it was all of my doing. I agree I am capable of much better but for some reason I started braking later in turn three and the back end keep giving out. In the end I am sorry I was making such of mess of things in front of you.
GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Race 3 - Motegi Speedway - Page 2 Empty Thanks

Post  Iosis Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Its not to big of a deal. I don't have any chance of winning. I am just in it for the fun. I appreciate that I earned points anyway.

Iosis

Back to top Go down

Post  TrooperR6 Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:13 pm

That is 2 races and 2 wrecks for me.... Not a good start with stock car racing for me. Sorry Sol for rear ending you.
TrooperR6
TrooperR6
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT XessIVlife Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Lobby 3:
1st- EZT XessIVLife FL- 00:33.066 FT- 29:20.374
2nd-apex b0x
3rd-ProfeLoco
4th-H0TR0DHiLLBiLLY r1
5th-STREET22SWEEPER
6th-AAR VEALHEAD (DNF Lap 26)
7th-GLR Shooter 977 DNF Lap 8
8th- GLR r1ingm4ster (DNF Lap 6)

Last edited by EZT XessIVlife on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
EZT XessIVlife
EZT XessIVlife
Pro
Pro

http://www.eztmotorsport.net

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:47 pm

I have the replay if needed. I am pretty sure it was within the first 10 laps or right around there.
GLR Gashi
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Insanity Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:32 pm

It was about lap 10 on my lap counter and I did talk to redneck and lothar as soon as I reviewed the replay. I havent heard anything yet and am mainly posting to try and find out what and/or if anything is going to be done. I understand that these things happen and sooner or later everyone will do something silly on the track that effects another person on the track. Please keep me posted on any future developments on this inquiry.

F4H Insanity
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:18 pm

I was tied up this weekend but it is being looked at in the RO section. Expect a decision soon.

A reminder to anyone who has concerns in a race to save your replays and upload them to your storefront. It took some time in getting a copy of this one. Now I have 3 copies so I am good <g>.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Ok guys,
After a lively discussion and review of the events in lobby 1, the RO's have come to a decision. On lap 10 there was an incident between GLR Gashi and AAR Insanity. For those interested, the replay is available on my storefront (I was unable to get FM.Net to cooperate for the last few days to make a clip).
On pit exit GLR Gashi apparently announced his exit but unfortunately veered considerably up the track as lead traffic was coming off the front straight. This required a significant correction and avoidance maneuver by AAR Insanity. Fortunately it did not result in an accident. The rules state explicitly as a track violation - "Failure to stay to the inside until at racing speed after exiting the pits." This does not imply intent or reason...it simply is. Drivers need to exit the pits at the appropriate speed and trajectory to safely re-merge into race traffic and not impede race flow.
For this violation GLR Gashi has been penalized 1 series point.

Other points to note to consider are that drivers are expected to announce when they have entered the pits (so we can track the drivers who have pitted according to the rules) and also to announce their imminent exit (to warn traffic in the area to be aware of the upcoming exit). While it is not strictly required, it is considered courteous of drivers coming up on the pit exit to notify the pit exiting driver of their whereabouts which increases vigilance (this was not apparently done in this case). Updated series points will be posted shortly.
GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Insanity Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:25 am

Although I will admit not stating my whereabouts to when Gashi exited the pits. I didnt have a chance to because when I got past the start finish line he was already heading onto the track. I guess I will have to be more vocal and a lot sooner to warn everyone that the leaders are coming.

F4H Insanity
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Insanity, you were in no way at fault in this instance. It is not required for you to tell the driver exiting the pits where you are. Totally my fault. Won't happen again.
GLR Gashi
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:14 pm

Clarification after reading Insanity and Gashi's messages above... rereading my message, it comes off as being harsher than I intended regarding courtesy. Please do not take it that way Insanity. It was a side bar comment when we were looking at all angles of the incident. In the end it is important to communicate which is a general take home message but wasn't the primary issue with this event. In this incident communication was Gashi's responsibility and he did that. We (including Gashi) just wished he had been a bit tighter with his line exiting the pit (not always easy at Motegi but as the rules require).

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2