Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session A - General Discussion

+17
H0TR0DHiLLBiLLY
zeight13
EZT Ramoza
AAR ABEnstein
Gold Ramen
EZT o solleft
EZT Rezin
EZT Neo 45
GLR Asteroid
F4H Bullet
F4H Diablo
GLR Gashi
EZT XessIVlife
OneFastRedneck
PpR Jalobo
GLR Viper58
TomCat7
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Session A - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Session A - General Discussion

Post  GLR Asteroid Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:18 pm

I have to withdraw from this series. Just can't make it work on a Friday. Embarassed Mad

cheers
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid
Admin
Admin

http://glr360.freeforums.org/portal.php

Back to top Go down

Session A - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Session A - General Discussion

Post  EZT Neo 45 Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:01 pm

I will not be making it this Friday, April 1st. Won't have Internet in time. Sad Hope to be up and running by next Friday, though! cheers
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45
Pro
Pro

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCat7 Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Well, I held on to 2nd place this week, but with Road America coming up next week, I may drop to 6th.
lol!
TomCat7
TomCat7
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT XessIVlife Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:28 pm

I was wondering if in session b to turn off limited damage to cosmetic it's may help with more sign ups and keep drivers a round for the series
EZT XessIVlife
EZT XessIVlife
Pro
Pro

http://www.eztmotorsport.net

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:32 am

Cosmetic damage in stock cars? affraid

F4H FACEPALMER
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT XessIVlife Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:35 am

There has been hey drastic drop off of participants from 40 something down to only 18 was just thinking that maybe doing something different for the next session may help with driver numbers
EZT XessIVlife
EZT XessIVlife
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCat7 Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:00 pm

EZT XessIVlife wrote:There has been a drastic drop off of participants from 40 something down to only 18 was just thinking that maybe doing something different for the next session may help with driver numbers

Yeah, stock car racing is fun to start out with, but when new racers find out tha it is not that easy to get in the top 8, they then loose interest.
Even with the top 16 making it to the Chase, it's not so fun if you are in 15th or 16 with no chance of winning.

In the real relm of NASCAR racing, each racer earns some real money evey race that they make the field. Plus they have sponsers that pay for everything.

The way that Turn 10 has programed Forza, you can be out of the race with some small bunps and scrapes on your car.

You would think that with all the hot lappers and from the Oval Hopper in Multiplayer, it would be easy getting a lot of racers for a stock car series.

We had several EZT Team members that started the series, but most have disappeared now.

lol!
TomCat7
TomCat7
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:41 pm

TomCat7 wrote:
EZT XessIVlife wrote:There has been a drastic drop off of participants from 40 something down to only 18 was just thinking that maybe doing something different for the next session may help with driver numbers

The way that Turn 10 has programed Forza, you can be out of the race with some small bunps and scrapes on your car.

Limited damage does not mess your car up like simulation damage does. We will not be going to cosmetic damage because then there is no risk when it comes to bump drafting. Next, you guys will be asking for collisions to be turned off.

I will however talk to the admins about making it cosmetic damage for the road course races since stock cars aren't equipped with brake lights.

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:39 am

GLR Lothar wrote:I will however talk to the admins about making it cosmetic damage for the road course races since stock cars aren't equipped with brake lights.

Use you arm, manual signals!! Where is your drivers training from?, a cracker jack box!! Twisted Evil LMAO
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Neo 45 Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Midnite Rider wrote:
GLR Lothar wrote:I will however talk to the admins about making it cosmetic damage for the road course races since stock cars aren't equipped with brake lights.

Use you arm, manual signals!! Where is your drivers training from?, a cracker jack box!! Twisted Evil LMAO

LOL!! Yeah, no cosmetic damage on road courses...especially since we already ran one.
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:38 pm

EZT Neo 45 wrote:
Midnite Rider wrote:

LOL!! Yeah, no cosmetic damage on road courses...especially since we already ran one.

but Session B is a new series...there is one rule change coming for Session B already and it effects all races on the schedule. Just trying to make things better.

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Damage forces people to learn their breaking lines and how to adjust in traffic and in the long term creates better racing. cheers

I'm not sure about you guys but I wouldn't want being able to slam into the back of somebody without taking damage to be a selling point.

F4H FACEPALMER
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  OneFastRedneck Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:54 pm

AAR FACEPALMER wrote:Damage forces people to learn their breaking lines and how to adjust in traffic and in the long term creates better racing. cheers

I'm not sure about you guys but I wouldn't want being able to slam into the back of somebody without taking damage to be a selling point.

+1
OneFastRedneck
OneFastRedneck
Admin
Admin

http://www.GreenLeafRacing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:59 pm

I will state again as it keeps coming up. Cosmetic damage just isn't going to fly. I don't see us ever going in that direction for stock car. There has to be a consequence for our actions in oval racing or all we are doing is concurrent hot lapping. Yes there are problems with Forza and no they don't appear to be addressing those issues (and if they did would certainly uncover a whole new set of issues). Yes bad stuff happens that knocks people out of races but that happens in real racing too... maybe not the exact type of thing but none the less not every one finishes a race. Sometimes the fastest cars don't finish because of some mishap both in Forza and in real life. In the end this is the system we have and we work within its feature set to make the most competitive races. With regard to going to cosmetic for road races... eh... I don't think it will make a big difference after turn 1 (and that is mitigated by our restart rule) since we get spread out over a bigger area. I wouldn't have any heartache if that was the prevailing desire but I think that change would have very little effect on the series one way or the other.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

http://www.greenleafracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT o solleft Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:32 am

I agree with Viper, he makes sense. Very Happy
EZT o solleft
EZT o solleft
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:31 am

For those of you who still want to race the week after Session A ends, I am hosting an Endurance race using a Spec BMW M1 on Friday May 13th @ 8PM EST. There will be prizes including 1,000,000cr to win!

Check it out in the external events section.

F4H FACEPALMER
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  wstewart1206 Mon May 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Just wondering if i have to sign up for the second season when it gets here since i already did for the first. Hope to make a few races and be a contender to atleast make the chase. woulda raced more in the last season but these last couple of months for me have been busy as hell and pretty crazy with the tornados and all. All my family and friends made it through with out getting hurt but cant say the same for alot of our houses.

wstewart1206

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Mon May 23, 2011 9:33 pm

For drivers who have already signed up for Session A, just let me know if you are going to run in Session B so I can make sure you get assigned to a Qualifying Lobby. A Brief message in the sign-up message saying "I'm In for Session B" will suffice and I will copy your info into the Session B thread.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

http://www.greenleafracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Neo 45 Tue May 24, 2011 9:30 am

I am running in Session B.
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT XessIVlife Tue May 24, 2011 9:32 am

I as well.
EZT XessIVlife
EZT XessIVlife
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Ramoza Tue May 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Me too!
EZT Ramoza
EZT Ramoza
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4