Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Focus Cup - General Discussion

+14
GLR Gashi
GLR Asteroid
OneFastRedneck
DWI Sic1
BRM Rogerio
TrooperR6
EZT Kestrel
BRM Guieka
Midnite Rider
F4H Diablo
Maga
EZT Stephane
Michae1 Weston
glrdopehat420
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Focus Cup - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Practice

Post  OneFastRedneck Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Great practice session with the BRM guys last night! Really clean and fast drivers, cannot wait for the race tonight. Rogerio...I love that Havoline paint, can I buy that from you?
OneFastRedneck
OneFastRedneck
Admin
Admin

http://www.GreenLeafRacing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Focus Cup - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Focus Cup - General Discussion

Post  BRM Guieka Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:58 pm

OneFastRedneck wrote:Rogerio...I love that Havoline paint, can I buy that from you?
Redneck, loved it too... really nice one. Wink
BRM Guieka
BRM Guieka
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Focus Cup - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Focus Cup - General Discussion

Post  ART Martin Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:29 pm

BRM Guieka wrote:
I would like to ask all of you that can race less than 1:32:000 to not participate today, please... I hate all of you. Evil or Very Mad

Cheers to that. Where is the beer emoticon? dammit
ART Martin
ART Martin
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Kestrel Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Can someone please send me the number plate! Very Happy
EZT Kestrel
EZT Kestrel
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:04 pm

EZT Kestrel wrote:Can someone please send me the number plate! Very Happy

Search FMC Focus Cup on my storefront.

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Kestrel Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:39 pm

GLR Lothar wrote:
EZT Kestrel wrote:Can someone please send me the number plate! Very Happy

Search FMC Focus Cup on my storefront.

Perfect thanks!
EZT Kestrel
EZT Kestrel
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Just a suggestion, but shouldn't bonus points for the first round not count. It is based off of true skill where you are placed. The guys in room one fought hard for there positions, where drivers in other lobbies had it a little easier to get a podium in their lobbies. I think it kind of skews the points for the first round. Normally it wouldn't be an issue if you weren't going off of total time, and or had qualifying. Just something I noticed in the Mopar series, and now here in the Focus Cup. I fought my ass off for 5th place overall, now I am 6th in the points because of lobby assignments. In the Mopar challenge, Mopar is 1st in points, but did not finish first overall. Not fair to the guys battling it out in lobby 1 in my opinion. Thanks.
GLR Gashi
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Michae1 Weston Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:23 pm

I agree with Gashi. Wingnut beat all of us in room 3. He had a pretty easy win. And being in lobby 3 probably allowed him to hot lap the whole race. The reason he beat us.

Just for the first race, get rid of the bonuses. Bonuses are for 7/8 races.
Michae1 Weston
Michae1 Weston
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:23 pm

I will take this into consideration for future series but I believe it will stay the way it is for the Focus Cup. I will talk to the other admins though and see what there take is on the matter.

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Kestrel Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:12 pm

I agree with Gashi as well.
EZT Kestrel
EZT Kestrel
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Kestrel Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:17 am

Looks like the bonus points from race 1 will not count, everyone is at 20 Very Happy
EZT Kestrel
EZT Kestrel
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:00 pm

Indeed, We decided last night to do away with bonus points for a lobby win and fastest lap from race 1. They will return for race 2 since the competition will be more even in all of the lobbies. Thank you for the suggestion Gashi, as we are always looking to improve all of our series.

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Wow, didn't expect results! That is great guys. Thanks for taking my comment in ernest and not just backlashing at it. It is appreciated.
GLR Gashi
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Not a problem Gashi. It was a valid concern and while we don't like changing things in mid stream this seemed the most appropriate things to do to keep the playing field level.

We changed the points system this season to make things more competitive and that has some consequences that we hadn't realized. The remaining bonus points will return next week; however, they will also be lowered to better reflect what was intended. With 3 points, a driver finishing 6th and getting the fast lap in the lobby was suddenly thrust onto the podium according to total points and that isn't equitable when the goal is consistent fast racing. For all future races, the series organizers have decided to award 1 bonus point for a lobby win and 1 bonus point for a lobby fastest lap while maintaining our current finishing points awards.

We apologize for the change after the series has started and hope everyone understands the reasoning.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

http://www.greenleafracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Michae1 Weston Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:59 pm

Its not about child games where rules change all the time. There was a problem with the points that was only realized after being used in the way it would have made things uneven. Though I have to say, if Wingnut had not beaten us all in room 3, we wouldnt have seen the problem. Thank you for fixing it post haste, and not waiting til the next series to change.
Michae1 Weston
Michae1 Weston
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:07 pm

We try to be as fair as possible and like to address issues in the speediest and most beneficial way for all parties. cheers
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BRM Guieka Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:52 am

Congrats GRL... cheers
BRM Guieka
BRM Guieka
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Maga Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:10 pm

Midnite Rider wrote:We try to be as fair as possible and like to address issues in the speediest and most beneficial way for all parties. cheers

Mistakes will always happen, what really matters is the will and initiative to make something work.

GLR deserves all the congrats and merit for the attitude and capability of organisation demonstrated until now.

Thanks for give us a new place to race and make friends. You guys are awesome.
Maga
Maga
Rookie
Rookie

http://www.brm.net.br

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:09 pm

Its always nice to hear the feedback. In the end the less commotion in here, the more fun on the track. I can say it great to have everyone involved... stay tuned... there is more coming! New announcement tomorrow me thinks! Laughing

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

http://www.greenleafracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:15 pm

What a Face
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  OneFastRedneck Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:16 am

Thanks for understanding guys, and thanks for pointing this out. We hate to change things after a series starts...but this had to be done. Like Midnite said, we strive to make things as fair as possible for everyone. Whenever someone tries to manipulate our system...we will change it!!
OneFastRedneck
OneFastRedneck
Admin
Admin

http://www.GreenLeafRacing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:49 am

Hey guys, I will be withdrawing for this series. Thanks for the opportunity FMC. You guys are doing a great job!
GLR Gashi
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 am

sorry to see you go Gashi, but you do know that you are always welcome to race here when you want, good luck for where your go ! and thank for racing with us !

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Asteroid Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:42 pm

I shall be flying back from Philly on wed evening. I maybe in time for the race....maybe not. Just letting you know.

I really hope so !!!. Smile
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid
Admin
Admin

http://glr360.freeforums.org/portal.php

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:21 am

Won't your wings be tired from flying, and need a break when you get back?! lol! Laughing

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next