Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Focus Cup - Points Standings

+6
rodrigo.o.s
BRM Guieka
Midnite Rider
zeight13
GLR Viper58
EZT Neo 45
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Focus Cup - Points Standings Empty Focus Cup - Points Standings

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Focus Cup - Points Standings 30xbyp4

Focus Cup - Points Standings Bhjc4m
Focus Cup - Points Standings 20qiefc

Weekly Rank Progression:

Focus Cup - Points Standings 2e2r0wh
Focus Cup - Points Standings Sm4zyr

Last edited by GLR Viper58 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:41 am; edited 21 times in total (Reason for editing : Final Points Standings (correction))

Back to top Go down

Focus Cup - Points Standings Empty Re: Focus Cup - Points Standings

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Looks great but I see 1 problem...GLRSpongeOfDeth should not have 3 extra bonus points and GLRfivpointslow should have 3 extra bonus points.

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT Neo 45 Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:18 am

Darn!! 41st!! I was about to celebrate last place! Wink
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45
Pro
Pro

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:05 pm

EZT Neo 45 wrote:Darn!! 41st!! I was about to celebrate last place! Wink

Hmmm actually Neo you will be happy (?) to know that actually you are in 42nd (Zeight completed 15 and you complete 14 laps). For some reason when I fixed another problem and resorted it flipped you and Zeight again. Anyway, I hope both results for you and Zeight will go by the wayside as you complete more races.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

http://www.greenleafracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post  zeight13 Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:43 pm

yea we had a late start to our lobby,and some issues , i knew i wasn't going to finish the race as i had someplace to go. once the field got in front of me some of the guy's and gal took turns running laps.... so i would like to keep my last place , sorry neo Razz
zeight13
zeight13
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Really?? He has 1 more point than Zeight, if he was 42nd he would have 1 less. confused Why so many points columns?? confused And shouldn't the Best of 7 points for the series include the bonus points for the round? confused
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Midnite Rider wrote:Really?? He has 1 more point than Zeight, if he was 42nd he would have 1 less. confused Why so many points columns?? confused And shouldn't the Best of 7 points for the series include the bonus points for the round? confused

Midnite, Viper is gonna fix the issue Zeight's points. The 1st 3 columns show info for race 1, the 2nd 3 with the best 7 and bonus points are just that. Viper is gonna keep your best 7 scores for the final standings but you will not lose the bonus points for that race since they are seperate. The last 3 columns are the overall standings with your best 7 and the 2nd part is your average points per race to determine the starting grid for the next race.

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Okey Dokey! drunken
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Midnite Rider wrote:Really?? He has 1 more point than Zeight, if he was 42nd he would have 1 less. confused Why so many points columns?? confused And shouldn't the Best of 7 points for the series include the bonus points for the round? confused

Not meaning to be confusing Midnite. It is a fairly complex spreadsheet that deals with the various rules in the series "automatically". The final Point column that is bolded is the one to watch. That one will take into account the bonus points and dropping of the worst result and is the one that the final standings will be determined. Most of the other columns is for informational purposes and validation only. The points per start column is largely an administrative tool. Lothar defined that stat last season in an effort to balance the skill in each lobby. It will become more obvious as each race progresses but that will in a large part be how the lobbies are assigned.

This is a capture of a small relevant portion of one sheet in a 10 sheet spreadsheet. Most of the results auto-calculate once I enter the times. The trick is with DNF's. They aren't valid times and I have to do them according to laps completed by hand. That gets copied to the results page. I fixed it once but when I corrected a bonus error I had made, I forgot to fix is again and on sorted the DNF's were improperly ordered so improperly awarded points. I am working on a fix. I tried to put it up on Google Docs so you could play with it... but alas the Google Doc Spreadsheet doesn't deal with time formatting the same way so it screwed up all the times.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:30 pm

If it is Excel and you have Office 2007 or 2010 you could share it with me in Office on-line. No big deal, I know why you have all the points columns, I have them too for the formulas to calculate bonus & particitpation points. I just hide mine on a different sheet. Wink It was alot to look at first thing this morning before I had any coffee. Shocked LMAO
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Points are still wrong for race 1. I don't see the bonus points for lobby win and fast lap.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 pm

GLRmikem wrote:Points are still wrong for race 1. I don't see the bonus points for lobby win and fast lap.

We got rid of them for race 1 in both series.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:06 am

when will the points be updated through race 2 ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:34 am

GLR Lothar wrote:
GLRmikem wrote:Points are still wrong for race 1. I don't see the bonus points for lobby win and fast lap.

wonderful

Back to top Go down

Post  BRM Guieka Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:19 am

GLR Shooter 977 wrote:when will the points be updated through race 2 ?
Good question... com´on guys... cheers
BRM Guieka
BRM Guieka
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  rodrigo.o.s Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:20 pm

In my opinion, I think changing the way the scoring after starting a league, take all the credit of it. This attitude may have helped that they did other drivers.
The right would be up to warn that scores would change the next race.
Now I'll wait to see how I was harmed by the practice and dedicate myself to do the fastest lap in the lobby.
rodrigo.o.s
rodrigo.o.s

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:12 pm

I understand that some of you are disappointed in the changes in the bonus system after the start of the series. This is understandable and regrettable. Unfortunately it was also necessary. This was discussed last week but in summary the issue is as follows:

In order to create a tighter racing millieu, the points system was changed this season. The interval was decreased to bunch racers together and demand weekly consistent racing performance. It will be difficult for anyone to run away from the field. The competition on the track will be fierce as one bad week can really make a difference. The winning drivers will need to excel on all tracks and each week (or at least 7 of them).

Unfortunately we kept the bonus structure as we have had in previous seasons. We lacked foresight there, but in the end it overemphasized bonus results over the racing. As I said previously, it did not seem fitting under the original bonusing that a driver who finished 6th but happened to put in 1 fast lap in 25 be rewarded with third place because they received 3 bonus point for that single lap. Secondly, some fast drivers due to their Tru-skill ratings were in back lobbies that were far below their abilities. As a result they dominated their lobbies and scored not only a fast lap but also a lobby win. This gave them 6 bonus points and the equivalence of 6 position places in the overall standings. This was not fair to the drivers in the higher lobbies who worked very hard against greater competition and who didn't have the opportunity to hot lap to a victory for 25 laps but were clawing for each place as intended. Subsequent races will have more evenly matched lobbies so it will not be as likely in the future. Since it is our intention to crown the champion as the most consistent fast driver over all the races, we made the difficult decision to not reward those who had figured out how to leverage our rules. As such we eliminated the fast lap and lobby win bonus across the board for the first race. Those that won and went faster still are higher in the standings and closer to the championship. Because we didn't wish to overemphasize the fast lap and lobby win over each driver's relative speed and finish we also decreased the bonus points commensurate with the decrease in place finish points as well. A lobby win and fast lap will be bonused at 1 pt for races 2 through 8. These changes were implemented last week.

We unfortunately did not foresee a problem with the participation bonus until this week. Again we had kept the old bonus structure despite the fact that we markedly narrowed the place finish scoring. The participation bonus is designed exactly for keeping drivers in each race. The more drivers, the more involvement - the more fun and competition. The win means much more when everyone is committed. As I calculated the points this week I realized that the participation bonus also was much too heavily weighted. We would like everyone racing every week but we also realize that we all have lives that interfere so we have allowed each driver a week off and count the best 7 results in the final standings. There is intended to be a small advantage though for those who show up for all 8. With the participation bonus set at 20 pts however if you missed a race, your loss of that 20 pts was insurmountable. Looking at the points standings this week it was obvious that drivers who missed week 1 or drivers who missed week 2 were already eliminated from even a reasonable finish. There is no overcoming 20 pts with our current place finish points over the remaining 6 weeks. Therefore we have now decreased the participation bonus to 4 pts.

In the end, we wish we had foreseen this prior to the season starting, but we did not. We don't relish "do-overs" but felt of the two options; sticking to our original plan or making a correction to our oversight, that a correction was in the series and drivers best interest. In the end we all want the fastest drivers to finish at the top... It was our error in design. We apologize for the hardship and disappointment of those who feel they played by the originally written rules and have now apparently lost some points. At this point we feel that the new bonus structure fits and is balanced with the finishing points structure. We believe this is the fairest resolution even though it was not ideal how it came about. We are trying to get it right. We hope you understand the reasoning that went on regarding these changes as they were not made lightly.

- The management -

Last edited by GLR Viper58 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:20 pm

rodrigo.o.s wrote:In my opinion, I think changing the way the scoring after starting a league, take all the credit of it. This attitude may have helped that they did other drivers.
The right would be up to warn that scores would change the next race.
Now I'll wait to see how I was harmed by the practice and dedicate myself to do the fastest lap in the lobby.

I agree it was not ideal. But it is fairer now. With the original points structure Rodrigo you would be in 5th place and 6 points behind the leader rather that tied for 2nd and two points behind. That greater differential would not have been because of faster driving but rather an ill-balanced bonus points system. I hope you can now better understand why we made the change. From a personal perspective, I lost 7 position places by making this change... but I still feel it was the right thing to do.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:55 pm

GLRmikem wrote:
GLR Lothar wrote:

wonderful

Mike, I am sorry. You were one that was disadvantaged with this change. I know you are fast enough to overcome it but none the less I do recognize that a couple drivers got the short end of this and you are clearly one of them. Your victory was no less worthy than a victory in races 2-8. Unfortunately we could see no better way to re-level the playing field after our initial miscalculation.
GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ART Martin Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:53 am

My Sedona race points are wrong. It should be 89 + 5 of bonus points.
89 because I had the 11th best finish, and 5 bonus points for the fastest lap.

However, if you only update my points, the Points Standings will remain incorrect, because GLR1FastRedneck got 90 points for Sedona race, and I finished ahead of him.

I'm not worried about it. I know it will be fixed, and mistakes do happen.

Yes, I'm good with math, and nothing will escape from these eyes What a Face Wink

ART Martin
ART Martin
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:49 am

De Mayorca wrote:My Sedona race points are wrong. It should be 89 + 5 of bonus points.
89 because I had the 11th best finish, and 5 bonus points for the fastest lap.

However, if you only update my points, the Points Standings will remain incorrect, because GLR1FastRedneck got 90 points for Sedona race, and I finished ahead of him.

I'm not worried about it. I know it will be fixed, and mistakes do happen.

Yes, I'm good with math, and nothing will escape from these eyes What a Face Wink

Ah yes you are correct and I see why. The process is the final times get posted to the opening message race thread. I then copy and paste those results into a spreadsheet and all the various calculations are completed and then the points are posted. When your time was posted it was posted as 31.24.828 rather than 31:24.828 (note the period rather than colon). To a spreadsheet that makes all the difference so it sorted you as finishing last. I will fix that.
GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:31 pm

GLR Viper58 wrote: Ah yes you are correct and I see why. The process is the final times get posted to the opening message race thread. I then copy and paste those results into a spreadsheet and all the various calculations are completed and then the points are posted. When your time was posted it was posted as 31.24.828 rather than 31:24.828 (note the period rather than colon). To a spreadsheet that makes all the difference so it sorted you as finishing last. I will fix that.

Sorry Viper Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:43 pm

GLR Lothar wrote:
Sorry Viper Embarassed

Oh hell no Lothar... I am very thankful not to have to enter all those by hand into the spreadsheet - it would take me days. I now know to check for that sort of thing. Once it was pointed out it was very easy to find, I just have to catch it before I post it.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ART Martin Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:22 pm

GLR Lothar wrote:
GLR Viper58 wrote: Ah yes you are correct and I see why. The process is the final times get posted to the opening message race thread. I then copy and paste those results into a spreadsheet and all the various calculations are completed and then the points are posted. When your time was posted it was posted as 31.24.828 rather than 31:24.828 (note the period rather than colon). To a spreadsheet that makes all the difference so it sorted you as finishing last. I will fix that.

Sorry Viper Embarassed

Don't worry about it. You guys are doing a great job.

I know it takes a lot of time and work to organize series like this, and then deal with points calculation, spreadsheets, etc.

The way I see it, we all want this series to succeed because we are in it. Thus, its success comes not only from the organizers but from everyone in the competition. We are a big family. Very Happy
ART Martin
ART Martin
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:40 pm

Viper, You didn't get the new guy in the points. Seminole118, I think he finished 37th overall. He was a last minute sign-up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next