Race 1 - Sunset Speedway

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Race 1 - Sunset Speedway

Post  F4H FACEPALMER on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Wow I am really lucky to be in 4th, only ran 1 flying lap of practice then hit the wall, started qualifying clueless as to what lines to take and where to lift/not lift. I have GLR Nelly to thank for that one, we must have a really good set up, can't wait for the race.

cheers

F4H FACEPALMER
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:57 pm

I'll be on at 10.30 pm BST for practice, if anyone want's to join me give me a shout

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR BEAST on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:52 pm

GLR Nelly75 wrote:I'll be on at 10.30 pm BST for practice, if anyone want's to join me give me a shout

i might come and join you nelly

GLR- #48
EZT- #48
FNAS-#48
FMC-#48
VMM-#68

2011 Forza NASCAR All-Star Series Season 2 All-Star Race winner
2011 Forza NASCAR All-Star Series Season 2 3rd place overal

GLR BEAST
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Any GLR tune out there I can "borrow". Hoping they let me into the last lobby to have a little fun!
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Lobby 2 results............

GLR---#69
FMC---#69
EZT---#69

Green Leaf Racing Administrator
FMC Admin/Race Official
Green Leaf Racing
FM Challenge

2011 EZT Pick-Up Cup Series 2 - 3rd place Oval Champion
2011 EZT Pick-Up Cup Series 3 - 3rd place Road Course Champion
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT XessIVlife on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Wozza DNF (Lap 14)

#36 EZT Motorsport, Virtual Motorsports, FMChallenge
EZT XessIVlife
Pro
Pro

http://www.eztmotorsport.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Wow what a tough race really struggled tonight. After hitting the wall a couple of times my truck refused to get above 165 mph unless I was lucky enough to catch some draft. But I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one.

Cheers guys see you next time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Insanity on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:21 pm

well after my horrible qualifying and the "shenanigans" of the 12 hours of Sebring race I guess I was do a good race. Ran good and luckily avoided the wall the entire race and ran a great lap. Looking forward to the next race.

F4H Insanity
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:41 pm

I had a fun race, only wish I had thought to qualify, and practice, and avoid the wall coming out of 4. Other than that, great race. Thanks to the organizers for allowing me to race, thanks to the compettitors for making it fun!
GLR Gashi
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR BEAST on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:05 am

tonight was very fun! i hope that all the other races were as fun as the one tonight was. Me and Nelly stood together for most of the race until he started droping back but he stayed strong through the whole race! Very Happy Very Happy

GLR- #48
EZT- #48
FNAS-#48
FMC-#48
VMM-#68

2011 Forza NASCAR All-Star Series Season 2 All-Star Race winner
2011 Forza NASCAR All-Star Series Season 2 3rd place overal

GLR BEAST
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT o solleft on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:14 am

Midnite Rider wrote:Lobby 2 results............

Nice picture Midnite! Crystal clear. Mind sharing your camera equipment and technique for getting pictures of the race results. Most others are blurry and not quite spot on! cheers

Last edited by EZT o solleft on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cunt spawl werth a demm.)
EZT o solleft
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  F4 Wozza on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 am

Gutted, was going well until i lagged out. Sad

F4 Wozza
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:41 pm

We were really spread out at the front of lobby 1 for the most part, it was relatively boring as far as action goes, was mostly just a hot lapping session after pit stops. Xess and Redneck took off drafting each other from the front row and pulled a good lead on the field, somehow I ended up in third well ahead of the pack but well behind the leaders, I had Wozza behind me catching up but he lagged out before we got a chance to hook up and draft. Not too long after that Redneck and Xess lag spike resulting in Xess getting aero damage, I eventually catch him a few laps later, pass him and take off to try and catch a lonely Redneck. I pit with almost a 3 second advantage over Xess only to come out of the pits behind him, so I get in front of him again and figure since I lost all that time to Redneck I might as well see what we can do in the draft, he starts pushing but we are really only hitting high 51.6's, probably because of his damage. I was doing pretty damn close to those lap times on my own so I decided to leave Xess behind and make my charge to the front without bringing a third car into the mix. Definitely was catching Redneck but all the hold ups left me over 4 seconds behind with 20 laps to go so I pushed it to the absolute limit hitting high 51.6 and low 51.7 every lap chopping almost a tenth off the lead each lap, but it all went to shit as I scraped the turn 4 wall with under 10 to go and picked up slight damage, settling my truck into the mid 52 range and giving Redneck a 10 second lead before the end of the race.

F4H FACEPALMER
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:59 pm

EZT o solleft wrote:

Nice picture Midnite! Crystal clear. Mind sharing your camera equipment and technique for getting pictures of the race results. Most others are blurry and not quite spot on! cheers

Thanks for the compliment Solleft.

Its really the camera, it is a Pentax K-X Digital SLR, Body and basic 18 - 55mm lens, I bought an additional long lens 55 - 300mm, and a few other things in a bundle about a year or so ago and ended up paying a little over $ 1000.00 for it all. I use the 18 - 55mm lens to take the race pictures with the camera set to Automatic for exposure time, F stop and ISO. I also race in a mostly dark room with very little light and sit about 12 feet from my 42" LG HDTV. So really as long as I can get the auto focus to work correctly it is all the camera that does the work, I have had to switch to manual focus on occasion but not too often. If you can afford a nice chunk of change for a camera Pentax has come out with an improved model since I purchased it and I went with Pentax because I already had a Pentax SLR (film) camera from years ago with a bounce head flash (Vivitar) some manual lenses and a lens doubler, and those lens work on this DSLR body as well. Plus I've been an amatuer photographer for 35 years, which helps a little I think. Wink

GLR---#69
FMC---#69
EZT---#69

FMC Admin/Race Official
Green Leaf Racing
FM Challenge

Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  uncabunca on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:18 pm

@Face - Excellent race report cheers
uncabunca
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT o solleft on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:03 am

Midnite Rider wrote:
EZT o solleft wrote:

Thanks for the compliment Solleft.

Its really the camera, it is a Pentax K-X Digital SLR, Body and basic 18 - 55mm lens, I bought an additional long lens 55 - 300mm, and a few other things in a bundle about a year or so ago and ended up paying a little over $ 1000.00 for it all. I use the 18 - 55mm lens to take the race pictures with the camera set to Automatic for exposure time, F stop and ISO. I also race in a mostly dark room with very little light and sit about 12 feet from my 42" LG HDTV. So really as long as I can get the auto focus to work correctly it is all the camera that does the work, I have had to switch to manual focus on occasion but not too often. If you can afford a nice chunk of change for a camera Pentax has come out with an improved model since I purchased it and I went with Pentax because I already had a Pentax SLR (film) camera from years ago with a bounce head flash (Vivitar) some manual lenses and a lens doubler, and those lens work on this DSLR body as well. Plus I've been an amatuer photographer for 35 years, which helps a little I think. Wink

Thanks for the reply! I just have trouble saving the replay and then taking the picture in the two seconds we have before the results dissapear. I am going to try my d80 nikon which focuses fairly fast. Its just that i cant hold it in one hand, while pressing the green button for the replay save simultaneously! lol!
EZT o solleft
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Yeah, that can get kinda tricky, I can usually take the picture and set the camera down and then save the replay ok but sometimes when the focus fights me I forget to get the replay. I sit in my power recliner sofa with the camera ready on the arm next to me. I can pop off a shot one handed but I usually get those skewed a little, I usually use 2 hands, for you I think if you had a remote for you camera (one of the things I picked up for mine) and had it tripod mounted behind you might get it done a little easier (something I've been wanting to try but haven't yet). But I will always take a picture so if you need me to, I can post them when I am in your lobby. Wink

GLR---#69
FMC---#69
EZT---#69

FMC Admin/Race Official
Green Leaf Racing
FM Challenge

Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT RacerX on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:09 am

Midnite Rider wrote:Yeah, that can get kinda tricky, I can usually take the picture and set the camera down and then save the replay ok but sometimes when the focus fights me I forget to get the replay. I sit in my power recliner sofa with the camera ready on the arm next to me. I can pop off a shot one handed but I usually get those skewed a little, I usually use 2 hands, for you I think if you had a remote for you camera (one of the things I picked up for mine) and had it tripod mounted behind you might get it done a little easier (something I've been wanting to try but haven't yet). But I will always take a picture so if you need me to, I can post them when I am in your lobby. Wink

What if you had a a tripod setup and just hit the button on your camera, then you wouldn't have to worry about accidentally knocking it off the couch or dropping it when you go to set it down...

Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:29 am

Not a worry, my table is right next to the couch and it houses my mouse for my computer, my bong and my other stuff that is needed, besides I never knock it off. With my remote and a tripod I don't have to hit the button but I cannot see that I have a good shot or not. Hand held I can check the picture instantly to see if I need to retake it. I keep my beer and rum on the other side of me so I don't worry about hitting the camera when I reach for my drink of choice for that race and my bong knows not to get in the way. I have plenty of room there and the arm of the couch is a few inches wider than the body of my camera. My biggest worry is my 250lb Great Dane will decide to lick the lens or stick his nose on it but that has yet to happen. LOL

GLR---#69
FMC---#69
EZT---#69

FMC Admin/Race Official
Green Leaf Racing
FM Challenge

Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT XessIVlife on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:30 pm

Due to a family function that sprung up all of a sudden I will not be hosting or able to run qual. Unca if at all possible may I qual early tomorrow?

#36 EZT Motorsport, Virtual Motorsports, FMChallenge
EZT XessIVlife
Pro
Pro

http://www.eztmotorsport.net

Back to top Go down

Post  EZT o solleft on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:56 pm

EZT XessIVlife wrote:Due to a family function that sprung up all of a sudden I will not be hosting or able to run qual. Unca if at all possible may I qual early tomorrow?

My brother is in from Las Vegas were doing Dinner that same time...see you next week.
EZT o solleft
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top