Porsche Returns to Forza May 22nd

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Porsche Returns to Forza May 22nd

Post  F4H Insanity on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:43 pm

I got on the forzamotorsport.net for the details but they are releasing 30 Porsches next month. I love my Porsches and I can't wait. It didn't say if it is included in the season pass(I doubt it) but did say that it would cost 1600 microsoft points for the pack. I bet you can by the ones you would like individually as with the rest of the car packs. I thought everyone would like to know.

F4H Insanity
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Returns to Forza May 22nd

Post  Midnite Rider on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Just like MS and Turn10, take something that should have been included in our game out, then make us wait for months to get it back and rape us by charging 1600 MS points to add it, The Bastards. Not like they couldn't have just made it a system wide update, they want "money for nothing and chicks for free". See if I ever pre-order & buy the Limited Collectors version again! Evil or Very Mad

GLR---#69
FMC---#69
EZT---#69

Green Leaf Racing Administrator
FMC Admin/Race Official
Green Leaf Racing
FM Challenge

2011 EZT Pick-Up Cup Series 2 - 3rd place Oval Champion
2011 EZT Pick-Up Cup Series 3 - 3rd place Road Course Champion
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:06 pm

I wonder if this was their plan all along. We should boycott!! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Insanity on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:57 pm

The reason it was not in the game at the release was EA Games owned the rights to Porsche thru the end of 2011. Turn 10 just got the rights back and has been working on getting these cars into the game. Take it or leave it but I will be getting the entire pack on the release day.

F4H Insanity
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:32 am

I know about that BS. I'll bet they had it worked out before the game was released. And yes, I bitch about it loudly and proudly but I am sure I will buckle down and pay for it myself on release day like a good little sheep. BUT IT STILL PISSES ME OFF! Damn it! LOL

GLR---#69
FMC---#69
EZT---#69

Green Leaf Racing Administrator
FMC Admin/Race Official
Green Leaf Racing
FM Challenge

2011 EZT Pick-Up Cup Series 2 - 3rd place Oval Champion
2011 EZT Pick-Up Cup Series 3 - 3rd place Road Course Champion
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:17 am

I know about the EA license crap and have been boycotting EA ever since.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:44 am

EA never had an exclusive license with Porsche, there was nothing on the Porsche corporate site about a license agreement with EA ever!!!!

This was a plot to get us to spend more money!!!(and I will)

The season pass that we payed runs out in April, If everyone would have read the fine print the season pass stated that it included the first 6 monthly car packs. November, December, January, February, March and April.

We got screwed by Turn 10 again, no surprise though.

Back to top Go down

ripped

Post  GLR mar B ond on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:20 pm

if they would put in some tracks finally (for free of course) Twisted Evil , then i would be a happy camper. Laughing
GLR mar B ond
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  OneFastRedneck on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:02 pm

It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. If they would answer my emails and sponsor some of our series I might buy their stupid car pack. Till then I ain't spending another dime!
OneFastRedneck
Admin
Admin

http://www.GreenLeafRacing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:07 pm

Turn 10 is up against it to a degree... sales are 25% down from where Forza3 was... of course a lot of that was because they pissed off the loyal following in Forza3 and many didn't come back. Porsche fan and will have to follow suit but agree it is irritating. Yet 1600 for 30 cars is a better price per car than the usual packs not to mention better cars (WTF with this latest pack???). I seriously doubt there was any conspiracy about the licensing. Do you really think Turn 10, as a subsidy of Micro$oft, would be shouting from the roof tops that EA licensing with Porsche was affecting their ability to put an entire marque into the game, and EA Sports adn Porsche would not had called their bluff VERY publicly? EA would have LOVED to call Turn 10 and Micro$oft out on that one... it would have been a publicity nightmare and a huge victory for EA Sports.

Now on the other hand... NO doubt that the May release date was chosen to avoid having to give the pack away to the LE players.

www.greenleafracing.org
GLR Viper58
Admin
Admin

http://www.greenleafracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Turn 10 Studios Creative Director Dan Greenawalt describes the challenges associated with obtaining the Porsche license.

“Well, many many years ago Porsche and EA Games signed a long-term deal regarding how Porsche was going to be licensed. That deal has been resigned many times over the years. Because of the nature of that deal, EA has the exclusive rights and the discretion to sub-license Porsche as they see fit.”

“Porsche has been in the last three Forza Motorsports through a sub-licensing deal with EA. For Forza Motorsport 4 we were not able to find terms that were agreeable to all parties, but we stayed at the table. It took some time to value the brand in such a way that everyone agreed.”

SO If it would have been in the orginal release if they had the sub-license, why are we paying extra for it?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top