Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Series Details

4 posters

Go down

Series Details Empty Series Details

Post  GLR Buzz 268 Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Here are the details for season 1:

The series will be a three week long series, one race every saturday morning for three saturdays in a row. The times are as follows:
Feb. 18 10 a.m. Central Standard Time start time
Feb. 25 10 a.m. Central Standard Time start time
Mar. 3 10 a.m. Central Standard Time start time

Time Conversions:
West- 8 a.m.
Mountain- 9 a.m.
Central- 10 a.m.
Eastern- 11 a.m.
GMT- 4 p.m.

Please be ready to race 15 minutes before the start time. Invites will be sent about 5-10 minutes before start time.

Car Details:
This will be a multi-class event. The details for each class are below.
R2 Class: Must be a "race" type car. This is defined by the lobby settings of the game so make sure your car fits this restriction. R3 class cars upgraded to R2 are permitted, but no R1's downgraded to R2. Must also have the Multi-Class Endurance Season 1 decal visibly on your car. this can be found on GLR Buzz 268's strorefront for free or be gifted by request. Also, no dlc cars. We want to make sure everyone can see each other's paintjobs.

R3 Class: See above for detailed explanations of decal and dlc cars. Just like R2, must be "race" car as defined by lobby settings. S class upgraded to R3 is permitted, as well as R2 class downgraded to R3. But no R1s downgraded to R3. Must have series decal visibly on car. No dlc cars.

Pace car/track truck: Pre-made by Buzz.

Race details:
Race 1: Le Mans Old Mulsanne Circuit
Race 2: Nurburbring Nordschleife
Race 3: Road America
All three races will be 2 hour long races with a timer. When this timer hits 0, whoever is in first place wins the race. All three races will include pace cars and possibly a track truck, the duties of which are described below. Damage will be set to simulation. Assists are racer's choice. R2 and R3 class cars will be scored independently from each other, but race on the same track at the same time. Depending on the drivers, this may create situations in which R2 class cars must lap R3 class cars. In this event, R3 class racers should move over and let the faster cars pass. Player groups will be used to organize racers in the lobby. The groups are as follows:
Group 1- R2 class racers
Group 2- R3 class racers
Group 3- Pace car/track truck
The lobby will be set up so that the R2's launch first, followed by a 5 second delay, then the R3's, another 5 second delay, and then the pace car and track truck.

Restarts:
A restart will occur if there is a crash involving more than 3 racers on the first lap (first half lap on Nurburgring and Le Mans). These restarts are limited to 3. However, addidtional restarts may be required if any of the following events occurs:
Racer lags out on first lap
Racer chooses wrong player group
Racer collides with pace car or track truck at starting line
Uncontrollable lag
Lobby settings require change

Pace Car: Every 30 minutes, A pace lap will occur. The purpose of this is to allow racers to catch up and pit if required. The pace car driver will announce this to the racers and proceed to begin his lap (half lap on Nurburgring). No passing is allowed during pace laps except for cars who have pitted. DO NOT pass the pace car. Keep behind it and follow it and other racers carefully. You may drive as fast as you want to catch the pace car, but remember no passing and to stay safe. When the lap is complete, the pace driver will give a countdown and pull to the side, at which time the race resumes as normal.

Track Truck: The track truck's duty is to flip cars you have rolled back onto their wheels and help push wrecked drivers to the pits. These duties will only be performed during pace laps, so that no wrecks occur. If no cars are rolled or require assistance, the track truck pushes parts of cars left behind on the track (bumpers, wing, etc) off the track to clear the way for racers.

GLR Buzz 268
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Series Details Empty Re: Series Details

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:44 am

I think it would be better if you chose a specific car and build for the two classes otherwise it's going to end up as a leaderboard car frenzy with Mosler's, Joss JT1's and Mazda Furai's.

How about the #40 Ford GT in R3 class and the #2 Saleen S7R in the R2 class?

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Buzz 268 Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:36 am

Well Mazdas can't run anyway because they aren't classified as race cars. And I don't really want to restrict people to one car. I figure that since there are three different tracks, people will have to choose a car that is balanced to all three.

GLR Buzz 268
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:22 pm

This sounds like fun but since we have the bakery open on saturdays I, unfortunately, cannot run it. Crying or Very sad
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stonyer Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:07 pm

are we allowed to use dlc cars? in the rules it says no, but N311Y has been added using the gallardo dlc race car? i would just like a clarification on this before i choose my car. no idea what im going to run yet or even what class, but i defo want to race this as it sounds like alot of fun.

stonyer
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:09 pm

stonyer wrote:are we allowed to use dlc cars? in the rules it says no, but N311Y has been added using the gallardo dlc race car? i would just like a clarification on this before i choose my car. no idea what im going to run yet or even what class, but i defo want to race this as it sounds like alot of fun.

Oops my bad I'll use the Ford GT instead sorry didn't see that bit.

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Buzz 268 Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:26 pm

ya i was going to say something but wanted to make sure it was dlc first. To clarify, dlc cars are forbidden. This is simply because I know some people don't download them and I am going for realism in this race. To me, blacked out vw's racing with corvettes and vipers isn't realistic.

GLR Buzz 268
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  stonyer Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:02 pm

surely you just have to download the free car from each pack and then they will all be visible to those who dont own the full packs?

stonyer
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Buzz 268 Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Well yes but some don't even download the free cars.

GLR Buzz 268
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Riwaly Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:50 am

Great idea, good setup.
To bad I can't make it to join.... Crying or Very sad
GLR Riwaly
GLR Riwaly
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Buzz 268 Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:15 am

RACE 2- NURBURGRING 11 a.m. Be there!

GLR Buzz 268
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  stonyer Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:58 am

guys im still here, just trying to pick a car, had my choice between the f50gt and the zonda r then found out they are pretuned and not race cars! i will choose a car before the race. its still running today right?

stonyer
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  stonyer Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:32 pm

hey guys, very sorry but i cant make it today.

stonyer
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down