Welcome to FMC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat & Mouse Series, or Last Man Standing Series

3 posters

Go down

Cat & Mouse Series, or Last Man Standing Series Empty Cat & Mouse Series, or Last Man Standing Series

Post  glrdopehat420 Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Hey gang!

I have a, just for fun, series suggestion.

I was thinking maybe on a Sunday at like 3 or 4 PM CST everyone get together just for fun. Have like a run of tracks assigned for the sundays scheduled, and no winning purse, just whatever you make from the lobby your in. If you can get a full room and run about 6-10 laps you can bank a descent amount of cash for the game. So, money or a purse for first shouldn't be much of an issue. Or if you would like a pts based series with money for first that would work too. And have where no one in the fast cars can cross the finish line until all slower cars have passed otherwise they forfeit their pts for that race.

I don't know just a thought, maybe some changes made to it or what not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Race ya later!

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Cat & Mouse Series, or Last Man Standing Series Empty Re: Cat & Mouse Series, or Last Man Standing Series

Post  Midnite Rider Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:55 pm

glrdopehat420 wrote:Hey gang!

I have a, just for fun, series suggestion.

I was thinking maybe on a Sunday at like 3 or 4 PM CST everyone get together just for fun. Have like a run of tracks assigned for the sundays scheduled, and no winning purse, just whatever you make from the lobby your in. If you can get a full room and run about 6-10 laps you can bank a descent amount of cash for the game. So, money or a purse for first shouldn't be much of an issue. Or if you would like a pts based series with money for first that would work too. And have where no one in the fast cars can cross the finish line until all slower cars have passed otherwise they forfeit their pts for that race.

I don't know just a thought, maybe some changes made to it or what not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Race ya later!

I think a Cat & Mouse tourney would be a blast for me, I miss the PGR cat & mouse days.
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Cat & Mouse Series, or Last Man Standing Series Empty Re: Cat & Mouse Series, or Last Man Standing Series

Post  OneFastRedneck Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:44 pm

If you guys want to organize it let me know, I can set a forum section up for it. But you fellas will have to mod that section, my plate is pretty full right now.
OneFastRedneck
OneFastRedneck
Admin
Admin

http://www.GreenLeafRacing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:29 am

I'm down with organizing if need be. I'm not familiar with how cat and mouse is played, but I have played last man standing and have heard they are played almost the same way. I think it is something that we should plan out to take place after one of the series that are running or just right about the end, that way we get a better turn out. I know Lothar doesn't plan on running another Wednesday series until a couple months after the GT3 is done so this could be like a hold me over, but on a different day.

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  OneFastRedneck Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:31 am

Sounds good, I am not familiar with last man...or cat and mouse.
OneFastRedneck
OneFastRedneck
Admin
Admin

http://www.GreenLeafRacing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:06 am

Maybe we could run both once a year, so one part of the year we could push out the Cat and Mouse as a tourney between tourneys, and then run the Last Man Standing at the latter part of the year as a tourney between tourneys.

Well I'll ask around to see what sort of turn out we can get on this, and will post it on GLR's site too. I will keep you posted.

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Cat & Mouse is cool, you have teams of 2 drivers. 1 driver runs a high end race car, your choice of R1 or X class, any vehicle (the cat) and the other driver on the team drives a Mini Cooper (the mouse), we almost always ran this mode on Nurbergring, and only one lap. The cat and mouse run the same color paint on their cars to designate who is friend or foe. The Cats can do anything, push their mice down the track, take the other mice out by ramming them and stopping them or fight off the other cat's, the mouse simply tries to finish first, and they are free to fight with the other mice around them, the winner is the team who's mouse crosses the finish line 1st. It is a ton of fun, we used to laugh our asses off during the whole race, and there is nothing like doing 200+ MPH in a Mini (with a little help from your cat, LOL).

We should get 4, 6 or 8 guys and do a practice session just so you can see how much fun it is. Since Forza has damage and upgradable cars, I think the Mini's should be kept stock build and tune, and damage, of course set to cosmetic. The cats a free to be fully blown out to your preferences, that is why I included the X class. A lot of us are running in multiple series already, we may want to run a poll and see how many are interested in this and when they would want to do it.
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:16 am

Yea I like the idea. I sent a message out to you and a couple other people for a Thursday get together, but hardly anyone can make it, so I am looking to do a Saturday get together in the afternoon since the Iroc series is in the evening.

Now I was kinda thinking of doing something like a bracket tourney if we can get a high enough turn out (like 34-40 drivers) for the Cat and Mouse series. That should give us enough teams to run like about a 5 week series.

As for the Last Man Standing, I think that one would have to come out to a points based series. But either way I'm willing to get them going and running, but if you could throw a helping hand Midnite that would be great. I would just like to have a fun series, not one that is technical tuning and stuff all the time. Suspect I'm almost certain that's why the real drivers take their off-season and run the dirt cars and stuff. My one friend growing up her Dad competed in the WI state circuit, Terry Baldry. He would take his off season and run demolition derbies once in a while. Just want a series to unwind my brain, ya know. Cool

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:36 am

Actually doing the format for a bracket we would need either 16 or 32 teams of 2. I don't see the 32 happening, but 16 shouldn't be too much of a problem since almost everyone loves running cat and mouse.

Actually doing the format for a bracket we would need either 16 or 32 teams of 2. I don't see the 32 happening, but 16 shouldn't be too much of a problem since almost everyone loves running cat and mouse. If it would be possible, though, to do the 32 we could make like a two division type of tournament. Maybe one side is the higher rated guys, and the other side is the lower rated guys. And the final two teams battle it out. Something like that would work, I think. Idea

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:56 am

I'll look for you on Sat. We will see who is interested and if there will be enough participation to make a series, if not maybe we can just do a biweekly Cat & Mouse race for all interested. I have a lot of things on my plate right now but I will do what I can to help out. Cool
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:37 am

Sorry bout MIA on Saturday. My girlfriend cracked out the whip, and I had to run with her to her families' place for her G-ma's B-day. Neutral

I'll be on today after work, so if you would like maybe we can round some teammates up and play if you're on.

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:58 am

That's cool, I am baby sitting my grandaughter today, most the day, but look for me, If I am on hit me up and we'll do this thing! LOL
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:57 pm

glrdopehat420 wrote:Maybe we could run both once a year, so one part of the year we could push out the Cat and Mouse as a tourney between tourneys, and then run the Last Man Standing at the latter part of the year as a tourney between tourneys.

Well I'll ask around to see what sort of turn out we can get on this, and will post it on GLR's site too. I will keep you posted.

Sounds Good......but.....I plan on starting the fall Wednesday night series on September 22nd. So if you were planning on Wednesday nights it won't work in the fall since you will only have 2 weeks. After the fall series though we won't start another one till after the new year.

I like the idea though.

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Yea as I mentioned to you last night Lothar I wouldn't want to run it while we are all involved/overly involved in the other race series' that might be taking place.

I was wanting to run this on a Sunday, you know Sunday Funday Challenge, something like that LOL. When we kick it off and which one we run first it doesn't matter to me. I've gotten nothing but positive reactions about running both of these two series'. So whatever I need to do to get this kicked off let me know. I agree with you on waiting for the next Wednesday series, after the Porsche cup, completes. Maybe the weekend after Thanksgiving weekend.

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:44 pm

We could start running it on Sundays whenever you want to start Dope. Just let Redneck or I know and we will get you a thread going and make you an Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:54 pm

Well, I think like we mentioned for a good start time is the weekend after Thanksgivings. Since everyone at this moment have their plates pretty full, and I would like to get a descent turn out for this to make even more fun then it already is. I will shoot a message over to Redneck a lil later.

I don't know which one to run first though. I was thinking about Cat and Mouse first. Label it Sunday Funday Cat and Mouse LOL. That way everyone doesn't get the wrong idea that it's a just for fun sort of thing. But if you all want I have some ideas a plenty on making this a series based event if that is what would be preferred. Doesn't matter to me.

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:11 pm

glrdopehat420 wrote:Well, I think like we mentioned for a good start time is the weekend after Thanksgivings. Since everyone at this moment have their plates pretty full, and I would like to get a descent turn out for this to make even more fun then it already is. I will shoot a message over to Redneck a lil later.

I don't know which one to run first though. I was thinking about Cat and Mouse first. Label it Sunday Funday Cat and Mouse LOL. That way everyone doesn't get the wrong idea that it's a just for fun sort of thing. But if you all want I have some ideas a plenty on making this a series based event if that is what would be preferred. Doesn't matter to me.

Something fun would be cool!!! No points to keep track of would be shweet!!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah, just for fun, no points, that is what cat & mouse is all about!
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:00 am

Ok we can do that. I just thought it would be kinda cool if I could get boost or someone to come up with a Speedy Gonzalez (for mouse), and Tom or something for the Cat. Its fine with me either way though. If we want to do something else down the road just let me know. I already know how I want it to run though. I say we go Cat and Mouse first. Mouse's will be all the same cars, and same for Cats.

The cars I haven't completely decided just yet, but I have a couple in mind. And I have the list of tracks that I want to run the series on too. Twisted Evil

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:33 am

For the Mouse I was thinking about one of the following cars.
Please place your vote.

Volkswagon GTI MK1
Puegot 206
The new DLC Mercedes (don't know what it's called)
Honda Fit Sport
2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Fiat Abarth 131
Chevy Aveo5 LT
Audi S4 (the D class one, ring and I tried it out very fun to run on cat mouse as the mouse)

The Cat will be an S class car. I will post that another day when I can look the car list over better. But I think the ones above all could be a great mouse car. I just would like to get some feedback from everyone on which one they would prefer. I kinda am leaning toward the abarth to give it that Last Man Standing toughness. And then run the cats at an A class. I like A class more then S class. That's my take on it.

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Kinda want to stay away from DLC cars, I know some people who don't have and refuse to buy any DLC (right Redneck?), So I vote we stick to vehicles that came with the game. Also seems kinda slow to run A or S class cats, imo, but it is ultimately up to you.
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:58 pm

Midnite Rider wrote:Kinda want to stay away from DLC cars, I know some people who don't have and refuse to buy any DLC (right Redneck?), So I vote we stick to vehicles that came with the game. Also seems kinda slow to run A or S class cats, imo, but it is ultimately up to you.

S class was plenty fast enough for the cat. I didn't think it would be either but it was perfect.

Dope...I would think about using the Chevy Cobalt for the mouse. That was a bad ass little car last week.

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Not complaining, I'm sure it will be fine, S is a fast car.
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  glrdopehat420 Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:14 am

IDK, I didn't care much for it, and I think the mice should be a bit more slower to make the events more interesting. If we use a quicker mouse car I think the Audi would be excellent, but if we use the Audi I will prolly have the cats run in an R3. I'll look at the car ratings tonight when I get home, and will prolly edit that comment with a few more selections. Then I'm going to start an external events thread on the IFCA site, and start a new thread on GLR site indicating that it is a vote for mouse car. I am waiting on the cats, cuz I want to check out a couple things tonight on FM3 with that.

glrdopehat420
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down